Why become a member? ×

Ding Repair Sussex

SuperSeagull

I foolishly managed to get a couple of small dings on my less than one year old Status. Gone through to the wood, around 1cm each. Deeply frustrating. I’m sure Status can sort it but I can’t drive it up there at the moment and I’m not sure I want to trust a courier so anybody know of any good finish repairers in and around Sussex? Thanks. 

2 hours ago, 6feet7 said:

Theres Bow Finishing near Lingfield - 01883 744391

12th fret in Horam

Simon Farmer of GUS Guitars in Heathfield

I had no idea these guys were all so close to me, my parents live a couple of miles from Lingfield, I drive through Horam every day and Heathfield isn't far from work.

Edited by Graham
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pbasspecial said:

I would personally wait a few months and let Rob at Status have a look at it. Less likely to effect the resale value as much  compared to letting others have a go at repairing it. 

I get that - it’s just upsetting me seeing it less than perfect. Is that a bit sad? Frustratingly, it was something that fell onto it, the next bass in the rack is a Flea Jazz, another couple of dings wouldn’t have mattered on that one.