Why become a member? ×

Which "Famous" bass players offer 1-2-1 online lessons?

BadHands

On 25/01/2021 at 10:40, ambient said:

Steve Lawson

I had a bass lesson from Steve.  At the time, I did not have the skill to understand what he could teach me, but it was great boost to me, on my bass journey.  

Like David Beckham visiting a local primary school, the kids won't learn much football - but it will leave a lasting impression!

I now have a less famous teacher - and now, I am better able to benefit from what is being shared!  

48 minutes ago, bass_dinger said:

I had a bass lesson from Steve.  At the time, I did not have the skill to understand what he could teach me, but it was great boost to me, on my bass journey.  

Like David Beckham visiting a local primary school, the kids won't learn much football - but it will leave a lasting impression!

I now have a less famous teacher - and now, I am better able to benefit from what is being shared!  

Steve is a fabulous musician and a great teacher. I studied with him on and off for a couple of years. I know exactly what you mean.

17 hours ago, bass_dinger said:

My problem with Steve Lawson is I never understand a thing he says, at least on video.  He talks in staccato machine gun bursts, very fast, and swallows/mumbles his words.  Don't get me wrong I'm a SL fanboy, I just only get one word in three. Maybe he's different 121.

26 minutes ago, lownote12 said:

My problem with Steve Lawson is I never understand a thing he says, at least on video.  He talks in staccato machine gun bursts, very fast, and swallows/mumbles his words.  Don't get me wrong I'm a SL fanboy, I just only get one word in three. Maybe he's different 121.

Sub-titles? 😃

On 26/01/2021 at 15:57, Crawford13 said:

An interesting side note here should be that just because some one is famous for being a great player, it doesn't mean they will be a great teacher. 

So true, many people confuse being a great bass player with being a great teacher. They are entirely separate skills. Always choose the one who is more skilled at teaching and that you have a rapport with.

On 28/01/2021 at 11:37, pbasspecial said:

I believe Billy Sheehan (!!!) is giving 1-2-1 lessons at a music store in Nashville where he recently moved to. Hoping he will do some Skype lessons. Would be a fantastic experience for my big boy birthday this year. 

Screenshot_20210130-163947_Twitter.jpg