Why become a member? ×

HEADLESS BASSES FOR CRUMBLING PLAYER

jonunders

Hi, I am a young in mind but crumbling in body player and have been looking at headless basses. Apart from Steinberger's there doesn't seem to be much of a choice  on the market in my budget range,, up to £500. This being dependent on the sale of my Ibanez multi scale bass.

I would like your opinion on Steinberger's 5 string option and whether my  investment is a good one

Cheers

Jono

Edited by jonunders

1 minute ago, TheGreek said:

I've often thought about, but lacked the skills to, buying one of the cricket bats and adding wings to the body to make it into the shape I wanted.

Conversely, I have often wondered about getting a cheap short scale, such as a Harley Benton PB Shorty, taking a saw to it and converting it with a headless hardware kit. :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Paul S said:

Conversely, I have often wondered about getting a cheap short scale, such as a Harley Benton PB Shorty, taking a saw to it and converting it with a headless hardware kit. :) 

I've considered that too...I've been waiting to find a Thunder 1/11/111a with a broken headstock or one of those incredibly heavy thru neck satellite basses.