Why become a member? ×

Pedalboards - Warwick Rockboard vs...?

Al Krow

Another +1 for Rockboards here.
Got mine for my birthday Dec 2020.
Really really really well made, and very good value for money too.

Not my final layout, waiting on one more special pedal, and I'm going to sell my Bass Big Muff and replace with with a Green Muff Reissue.
Also, I think I need a smaller tuner.

image.thumb.png.d3175856e8a19745597ab0f67c971c5e.png

Cheers,
Eude

• Like 2

On 24/01/2021 at 14:17, Al Krow said:

Saw @Kev's Warwick RockboardTres3.1 recently and thought it looked really good - although not sure I would want to fork out for the Mod 3 unit and it might look a little odd without it in place.

I might be a little late to the party, but I've got a RockBoard Tres3.1 and I love it. I bought mine second hand and it didn't come with a Mod 3, so I cut a rectangle from an old scratchplate and back mounted it to cover the void.

(The black disc next to it covers a hole which the previous owner made in it for some reason...)

plate.thumb.jpg.77071334183201344aa1ad370b6b9147.jpgwhole.thumb.jpg.86d2300d3ab841cdcf2ab2baa3c1351a.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Reviving an old thread... I ended up a getting a HB Spaceship 50 which has been excellent for what I needed it for and great value, and subsequently moved on my Metro 24.

Found myself wanting a bit more space recently and bought a Rockboard 4.2, but that was definitely a case of my aspirations for a pedal board being a lot bigger than my actual needs, so the 4.2 has been sitting mint and unused in the cupboard since I got it! However, the Rockboard 3.2 looks absolutely perfect size-wise for what I need and Thomann kindly delivered one to my door earlier today. 

Age old curse of starting a BC thread about a particular product and end up getting it!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2022 at 15:45, Al Krow said:

Reviving an old thread... I ended up a getting a HB Spaceship 50 which has been excellent for what I needed it for and great value, and subsequently moved on my Metro 24.

Found myself wanting a bit more space recently and bought a Rockboard 4.2, but that was definitely a case of my aspirations for a pedal board being a lot bigger than my actual needs, so the 4.2 has been sitting mint and unused in the cupboard since I got it! However, the Rockboard 3.2 looks absolutely perfect size-wise for what I need and Thomann kindly delivered one to my door earlier today. 

Age old curse of starting a BC thread about a particular product and end up getting it!

Or two of them even!

• Haha 1

On 24/01/2021 at 17:11, Salt on your Bass? said:

Oh also, I've no experience, but I've heard some users reference noise introduction with the Warwick patchbays, which has always led me away from those as a solution, even though they look really neat. 

Love the Rockboards. The boards are just great design, where you can easily run cables anywhere, without it hindering pedal placement in any way.

I've had zero noise with the patchbays. I read a couple of those complaints too, but I believe that might just have been an issue with some of the very early units.

Edit: Just noticed this was an old thread. Oh well, maybe someone else finds my experience useful

Edited by Naigewron
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Naigewron said:

Love the Rockboards. The boards are just great design, where you can easily run cables anywhere, without it hindering pedal placement in any way.

I've had zero noise with the patchbays. I read a couple of those complaints too, but I believe that might just have been an issue with some of the very early units.

Edit: Just noticed this was an old thread. Oh well, maybe someone else finds my experience useful

Yeah it was me bumping it up, been looking at the 2.1 and 3.1 and enjoyed it that @Al Krow started a thread and liked them so much he ended up with two of them :) 

10 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Yeah it was me bumping it up, been looking at the 2.1 and 3.1 and enjoyed it that @Al Krow started a thread and liked them so much he ended up with two of them :) 

Yeah, the 3.1 is great. Compact, but flexible. I really enjoyed how I could get one row of mini pedals and one row of full-size pedals on there.

Here are a couple of my old Rockboard 3.1 setups (used primarily for guitar, not bass):

IMG_20191018_132512_518.thumb.jpg.058eca127a1453aa74e1de43deb92c01.jpg

IMG_20181006_125411_010.thumb.jpg.daacdf47b3a555c7a84edc3ee1f51045.jpg

1458913386_edited(1).thumb.jpg.27d716c59837b96cd63791499c3bebb1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

Haha - yes, but one of them (the 4.2) is sitting quietly in a cupboard for a time when I've completely lost the plot and decide I need to have something far too large for my abilities (or some London based BC'er decides he or she really needs it at which point they would be welcome to take it off my hands).

@Naigewron - love the layout of those pedal boards! I went for the slightly wider 3.2 to accommodate a similar number of pedals but with space for an expression pedal  too: 

PB -2207.JPG

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Naigewron said:

Yeah, the 3.1 is great. Compact, but flexible. I really enjoyed how I could get one row of mini pedals and one row of full-size pedals on there.

Here are a couple of my old Rockboard 3.1 setups (used primarily for guitar, not bass):

That’s actually really useful as looking to put my stomp on it 

• Like 1

One of the things I particularly like about the Rockboards is that you can get something comparable or a little larger than a PT Metro 24, which I found to be pretty ideal in terms of width, and with similar robust build quality, but angled. This is then far less restrictive on putting a PSU underneath and needing to worry about clearance off the floor. The PT Classic Jr is more square in shape, which is a bit trickier I've found from an access perspective and the rest of the PT range just a bit too big for what I need. So I'm pretty happy to have stumbled on the Rockboard 3 series.

(Just re-read my OP and it seems, back then, I was after a Metro 24 sized board but with decent clearance for a PSU underneath ...well my former self should be happy with the outcome then, haha!) 

Edited by Al Krow

5 hours ago, Naigewron said:

I'm a neat freak when it comes to my section of the stage and I wholeheartedly approve of the arrangements of these boards. I love looking at expansive pedalboards, even though I only use a BDI21 and a Zoom B3 for live work. However, when I see pedal boards that look as if all the gizmos have been thrown on from a distance by a toddler, I have an anxiety attack.