Why become a member? ×

Vintage Trace Elliot Brochures

DiMarco

2 minutes ago, VTypeV4 said:

Agreed! 100% The V4 and V6 aren't a million miles away from each other weight-wise but that SVT is just insanity.. 😬

Exactly, it is still a lump, but honestly not much heavier than my hybrid amps like Mesa Big Block and EBS Fafner once they are in a rack case. 

In comparison, something like an SVT II is just ridiculously heavy. Sadly, I kinda want one of them too!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, thodrik said:

I sold all of my Trace Elliot cabs, combo and SMX amp a while ago just because of the unnecessary weight. I kept the V6 though because for a valve amp it is actually fairly lightweight compared to an SVT. 

Every couple of months though I find myself trawling through the brochures on this thread going 'mmm, fancy that, if it turns up on eBay or BC Market Place then I will get it...'

A bunch of vintage Trace sellers have now bumped their classifieds just for you.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2022 at 16:39, Chris Huort said:

20220330_165859.jpg

I have one of the original gp11 preamps too. Could be even older than yours as it doesn’t have the coloured knobs. Unuseable now as the sliders have disintegrated inside. Would love to have it restored but I believe it’s impossible to source the parts.image.thumb.jpg.22b5b4ca119a8ccc399f1fc0670b9851.jpg

3 hours ago, djc63 said:

I have one of the original gp11 preamps too. Could be even older than yours as it doesn’t have the coloured knobs. Unuseable now as the sliders have disintegrated inside. Would love to have it restored but I believe it’s impossible to source the parts.image.thumb.jpg.22b5b4ca119a8ccc399f1fc0670b9851.jpg

I think those are replacement knobs, they aren't the usual shape used by TE. I'm sure it would've looked like this originally. 

20230212_173513.thumb.jpg.8e005710c43d1a060a1b72f14a3adae9.jpg

Edited by Sparky Mark
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparky Mark said:

I think those are replacement knobs, they aren't the usual shape used by TE. I'm sure it would've looked like this originally. 

20230212_173513.thumb.jpg.8e005710c43d1a060a1b72f14a3adae9.jpg

Fairly sure it’s original in this state as I’ve had it close to 35 years. Also, I have a trace with the green and red knobs and they do not fit the pots on this GP11.  The green and red knobs are secured with a screw beneath the caps. The black GP11 knobs are secured with a nut. The pots look original inside and don’t appear to have been replaced by looking at the wiring and soldering. The pots are also both incremental. Of course I maybe wrong but I’ve always thought it was an early model made before they decided to fit the coloured knobs...........which of course are much nicer!image.thumb.jpg.4c33a42349db2f50b3aa143a58944566.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.eba88f13d886e0d700e7d15168fd1144.jpg