Why become a member? ×

New line 6 HX stomp XL...

Salt on your Bass?

• 1 month later...

Well, I got a mail about it from Line6 today.

It certainly fixes one of my main issues with the Stomp - the lack of buttons. 

Probably don't need it because I have the FX, but might be something that would be useful for the stick. Interesting to see what the price is. Also it has bumped up the number of blocks to 8

- edit

£679 at gak - a bit rich but presumably street price will go down.

Edited by Woodinblack

16 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Also it has bumped up the number of blocks to 8

It actually hasn't, it's got the exact same processing power as the hx stomp. The latest update allowed 8 blocks but with no more processing power so any more than the originally intended 6 is often very limited to a few effects that need very little processing power, depending on the rest of the patch. This is exactly the same. 

15 minutes ago, Stingray64 said:

It actually hasn't, it's got the exact same processing power as the hx stomp. The latest update allowed 8 blocks but with no more processing power so any more than the originally intended 6 is often very limited to a few effects that need very little processing power, depending on the rest of the patch. This is exactly the same. 

ok, so it is over £250 for a couple more buttons. Maybe skip that then!

2 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

ok, so it is over £250 for a couple more buttons. Maybe skip that then!

Well when you consider a lot of the footswitch options that provide the same amount of options cost around 100-150 and you still have all the midi and exp 1 and 2. But ye I consider the stomp amazing value for money so this XL is firmly meh pricing to me. 

• 3 months later...

The XL is now £566 at GAK, that's more reasonable. It's hard to match that cost by buying Stomp and controllers separately. 

.... Or the Helix Effects + Two notes torpedo cab sim adds up to about the same. 

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 1