Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Fender Jazz Bass deLuxe
£650
Witney, Oxfordshire

FinnDave

This bass has now been sold

Fender Jazz Bass de-luxe with East pre-amp. Original Fender pre-amp included. Price now dropped to £600.00

I have had the bass a little over a year, but even with the East J Retro de luxe (fitted by John East himself while I waited) I still prefer the simplicity of a passive bass

Good condition, rosewood fingerboard,  tortoiseshell scratch plate.

No hard case included, but will include a Fender gig bag. Collection or meet up preferred, but I do have a bass box if the buyer is willing to risk post/courier.

IMG_2356.jpeg

IMG_2357.jpeg

IMG_2359.jpeg

IMG_2358.jpeg

IMG_2360.jpeg

Edited by FinnDave
  • Like 4

I don't think so, just the standard Fender pick ups as fitted to the active Jazz. Only the pre-amp has been changed from the original to one by John East. The original pre-amp will be included with the bass, but the East pre is much better and I doubt that anyone would want to change back to the Fender after trying it!

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/02/2021 at 09:52, koval123 said:

Hi, are these Suhr pups?

Yeah these are Suhr pickups. They did a run in the early 00s I think of having those single pole Suhr designed pups in the jazz deluxes for sure. After that they went back to fender 8 pole pups.

1 hour ago, Marky Screen said:

Yeah these are Suhr pickups. They did a run in the early 00s I think of having those single pole Suhr designed pups in the jazz deluxes for sure. After that they went back to fender 8 pole pups.

Good to know, I had no idea what was used and when. Sounds great with the East pre-amp in it, but I have too many basses and something has to go.

1 hour ago, BlueMoon said:

Real shame this bass is in the UK ..........and I'm not. Otherwise I would have snapped it up. Cannot justify a 25% Brexit surcharge, sadly. GLWTS 

I thought that was a one way thing? Paying vat on a second hand item is only something the uk government came up with isn't it? So buying from the uk into Europe shouldn't have a charge on a second hand item, only the other way round 

Nope..........secondhand stuff from the UK (same for other 3rd countries) over a threshold (100 euro or thereabouts) is subject to local VAT (currently 21% in Belgium). There is VAT on the shipping and the cost of the item and a service/administrative charge as well. All in all, it adds about 25% to the original price and can take some weeks in customs undergoing clearance. It's a bummer, both ways unfortunately.

13 minutes ago, BlueMoon said:

Nope..........secondhand stuff from the UK (same for other 3rd countries) over a threshold (100 euro or thereabouts) is subject to local VAT (currently 21% in Belgium). There is VAT on the shipping and the cost of the item and a service/administrative charge as well. All in all, it adds about 25% to the original price and can take some weeks in customs undergoing clearance. It's a bummer, both ways unfortunately.

Oh - didn't know that. Nice to know when  a country screws something up it does it for everyone!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

These are lovely basses - these Suhr pups are stellar, and they’ve got a smaller body than normal for a Fender jazz. I had one made in their 50th anniversary year and stupidly traded it for a boat anchor 5 string Sandberg which I sold. Always regret selling.... GLTWS!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, jembullo said:

Not going anywhere near Stroud or Cheltenham in the next day or 2 by any chance?

Wish you'd asked me that a couple of days ago - was close to both those places yesterday! I could be persuaded to drive that way for a definite sale, or to meet somewhere between. I live between Abingdon & Witney (or between Oxford & Swindon if you look east to west rather than north to south!).

• MB1 locked this topic
  • ped unlocked this topic
  • FinnDave changed the title to *SOLD* Fender Jazz Bass deLuxe
  • Kev locked this topic