Why become a member? ×

Embassy Pro Bass back in new colours

Grahambythesea

I thought I’d read somewhere on this forum that the Embassy had gone out of production. It did disappear from the Epiphone web site for a while, but now it’s back sporting new shiny colours all of which seem to have a sparkly metal flake content. It includes the classic Burgandy Mist, but I’m not so sure about Wanderlust Green! Did I read that right 🤔🥴

F42EBD53-B39F-47F2-8855-949C0B644EDE.jpeg

The new metallic colours look great. I wonder whether the bridge will be fitted in the correct place on these.

This does make me worry that similarly finished vintage pro thunderbirds will be coming out at some point, and I won't be able to resist them although I already have a pair in white and sunburst.

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Grahambythesea said:

It would have been great to resurrect the batwing headstock but you can’t have everything. Thomman are offering these at £285; but then I notice it’s exc. vat. So do we now import them and pay U.K. vat or German?

Do I detect a slight similarity in shape to my Gibson EB as in my avatar?

we pay UK vat, customs and handling charge on top. So not worth it. 

2 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

It would have been great to resurrect the batwing headstock but you can’t have everything. Thomman are offering these at £285; but then I notice it’s exc. vat. So do we now import them and pay U.K. vat or German?

Do I detect a slight similarity in shape to my Gibson EB as in my avatar?

With a batwing, I would’ve bought one

2 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

I misspoke about Burgundy Mist, it’s actually called Sparking Burgundy, but it looks much the same to me.

16726D38-0AD3-4B8C-BD54-0C4EF060E89E.jpeg

Much darker than burgundy mist.

Gibson do a thing called Heather Poly Mist which is more like fender burgundy mist

47BE2B39-F59F-42A5-92B5-F1A10B9D138A.jpeg

C9492801-CF0E-456F-A19E-A9571D6237F9.jpeg

Edited by AndyTravis

• 3 weeks later...

I only picked up on these yesterday.

I notice they have glued in necks, look more classy than 'birds, which always look a bit clumsy.

The body looks a bit thin or is it just my imagination? Could mean they are a bit neck heavy?

I must admit the green one looks very GASSY. At that price definitely in the running for my divorce bass...

On 22/01/2021 at 16:35, Grahambythesea said:

The headstock seems to be nicked from the earliest Newport’s before that too changed to a batwing.

151CDA2F-768E-4C4A-911B-67D3FB6755AC.jpeg

Presumably related to the fact that they decided to put nearer to shape Gibson bookends on Epiphones last year.

There are not zillions of pics of original sixties ones about:

epiphone-embassy-deluxe-xl-jpg.4022949

Edited by Stub Mandrel