Why become a member? ×

FS: Ampeg SVT-II Pro Premiere Edition **SOLD**
£700
CANTERBURY

Beedster

Bit of a sad decision but I think it's going to be while before this gets used again, in part because of lockdown, in part because I need to focus on things other than bands/gigs when lockdown ends anyway. I guess it's a bit of a long shot that anyone will want it right now, there's no way it can be posted and there's no collection possible for what looks like a few weeks anyway, but I thought I'd list it just in case as a couple of guys have mentioned here and there that they were looking for a new big tube amp when lockdown ends, and this unit kinda meets that criterion :)

It's number 006 of 250 Premier Editions made. How does it sound? Let me know a time and I'll take it into the garden, plug it in, turn it up to 10 and you should be able to hear it. 

Photo is form Julian (Soulman's) original listing here 

image.png.13f9f65911460159184de6b61162ae5e.png

I'll take some more when I can get down to the studio - long story but on crutches at present (whilst I don't think these things are as hard to move as people say, I suspect the combination of crutches, icy garden path and the SVT might be too much at present) :)

Chris

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 8

29 minutes ago, Soulman said:

Sorry to hear your not well Chris hope you're better soon.Well,as far as the SVT, I know and you know there's nothing like em!

You take care.

Hi mate, all us good thanks, just a torn ligament in my foot. Hope all’s well with you and all is good in Aber, still miss it :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Noisyjon said:

What an amp. These really do 'the bass sound in your head'. Just sublime.

One of those funny things - my mate has 004 in the series!

I'm thinking/dreaming about it but GLWTS @Beedster

Thanks mate, likewise defo the bass sound in my head. Dome the right thing by listing it, won't be too upset if it doesn't sell :)

• Like 1

On 21/01/2021 at 18:10, Beedster said:

Bit of a sad decision but I think it's going to be while before this gets used again, in part because of lockdown, in part because I need to focus on things other than bands/gigs when lockdown ends anyway. I guess it's a bit of a long shot that anyone will want it right now, there's no way it can be posted and there's no collection possible for what looks like a few weeks anyway, but I thought I'd list it just in case as a couple of guys have mentioned here and there that they were looking for a new big tube amp when lockdown ends, and this unit kinda meets that criterion :)

It's number 006 of 250 Premier Editions made. How does it sound? Let me know a time and I'll take it into the garden, plug it in, turn it up to 10 and you should be able to hear it. 

Photo is form Julian (Soulman's) original listing here 

image.png.13f9f65911460159184de6b61162ae5e.png

I'll take some more when I can get down to the studio - long story but on crutches at present (whilst I don't think these things are as hard to move as people say, I suspect the combination of crutches, icy garden path and the SVT might be too much at present) :)

Chris

Wow - what a surprise to see this here Chris! 

What's did Mr Zimmerman say, 'The Times They Are a-Changin'... 

I've just been reading a long thread on Talkbass about the Pro Premiere Editions series.. Really cool! - a special run, handmade and that mosterous Ampeg tone, all of which makes this one hell of a bargain for someone at this price IMHO... 

Really sorry to hear about your injury btw and hope that you're on the mend now. 👍

All the best and GLWTS 😊

Nik

• Like 2

On 21/01/2021 at 23:21, Beedster said:

Hi mate, all us good thanks, just a torn ligament in my foot. Hope all’s well with you and all is good in Aber, still miss it :)

How do you know Aber? I ‘studied’ there. Cool place, had such a great three years.

On 23/01/2021 at 09:02, silverfoxnik said:

Wow - what a surprise to see this here Chris! 

What's did Mr Zimmerman say, 'The Times They Are a-Changin'... 

I've just been reading a long thread on Talkbass about the Pro Premiere Editions series.. Really cool! - a special run, handmade and that mosterous Ampeg tone, all of which makes this one hell of a bargain for someone at this price IMHO... 

Really sorry to hear about your injury btw and hope that you're on the mend now. 👍

All the best and GLWTS 😊

Nik

Thanks Nik, the times really are! It's an emotion machine for me, when I play it live it reorganises a whole lot of neurons and organs for the better. When I'm not playing it, even looking at it makes me feel better.

But.......

I really want to get more into recording, especially with my family and with close friends, it was a nagging thing before Covid, but Covid has really made me more aware that time spent with friends and family playing music for nothing more than the pleasure is a privilege, and contrasts substantially - at least for me - with gigging when all too often I'm spending time away from family and friends. I'm in an occasional band with two very close mates (one of whom you've met, Robbie), and these days - well, lockdown permitting - it's just more fun to sit around in the house, play stuff, and if it sounds good, record it. I'd love the SVT to be a part of that but, well, it's kinda overkill, and if I sell that I could buy my youngest a small acoustic drum kit, which would take things in a whole new direction :)   

Do I want to sell it, hell no :(  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ped said:

How do you know Aber? I ‘studied’ there. Cool place, had such a great three years.

My spiritual home Ped, went there in the '80s and fell in love, jumped at the chance to work there in 2012 and stayed in love. If Mrs Beedster had liked it we'd still be there, but whilst I loved life in a Welsh Longhouse on the side of a Cambrian mountain, she was less keen. Still do the occasional lecture there by invitation, and love every second of it - the train journey itself is worthy of a Michael Portillo documentary. Met some great people there, Julian (from whom I bought the SVT) among them. This was where we lived, 25 miles outside Aber, and about a mile to the nearest neighbour :) 

image.thumb.png.d4df4816f287744c051ff03797d70b55.png 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Thanks Nik, the times really are! It's an emotion machine for me, when I play it live it reorganises a whole lot of neurons and organs for the better. When I'm not playing it, even looking at it makes me feel better.

But.......

I really want to get more into recording, especially with my family and with close friends, it was a nagging thing before Covid, but Covid has really made me more aware that time spent with friends and family playing music for nothing more than the pleasure is a privilege, and contrasts substantially - at least for me - with gigging when all too often I'm spending time away from family and friends. I'm in an occasional band with two very close mates (one of whom you've met, Robbie), and these days - well, lockdown permitting - it's just more fun to sit around in the house, play stuff, and if it sounds good, record it. I'd love the SVT to be a part of that but, well, it's kinda overkill, and if I sell that I could buy my youngest a small acoustic drum kit, which would take things in a whole new direction :)   

Do I want to sell it, hell no :(  

I hear you, Chris! 😬

If Covid and 3 lockdowns have taught me anything, it's that music making & music creating are the best medicine, distraction and healing..

In that, as musicians, we're all very privileged here on Basschat. 🙏

BTW, you have my utmost respect for wanting to buy your youngest a small drum kit! 👏😊

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beedster said:

My spiritual home Ped, went there in the '80s and fell in love, jumped at the chance to work there in 2012 and stayed in love. If Mrs Beedster had liked it we'd still be there, but whilst I loved life in a Welsh Longhouse on the side of a Cambrian mountain, she was less keen. Still do the occasional lecture there by invitation, and love every second of it - the train journey itself is worthy of a Michael Portillo documentary. Met some great people there, Julian (from whom I bought the SVT) among them. This was where we lived, 25 miles outside Aber, and about a mile to the nearest neighbour :) 

image.thumb.png.d4df4816f287744c051ff03797d70b55.png 

Wow - what a setting that is! 

• Like 1

Just now, silverfoxnik said:

I hear you, Chris! 😬

If Covid and 3 lockdowns have taught me anything, it's that music making & music creating are the best medicine, distraction and healing..

In that, as musicians, we're all very privileged here on Basschat. 🙏

BTW, you have my utmost respect for wanting to buy your youngest a small drum kit! 👏😊

Agreed mate. 

Mrs Beedster doesn't know about the drums yet BTW :)

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Jimelliottbassist said:

What cab do you use this through at the mo? 

Hi Jim, hope all's OK mate. I was using a Barefaced Super Twin which was very nice, but perhaps a little too nice so moved that on with the intention of picking up either a Boogie 2x15/1516 or possibly an Ampeg fridge at the end of lockdown. I've since moved on a little hence the sale. Fait to point out that to my mind the main limitation of this amp is that it's 2 or 4 ohms only which makes cab selection a bit of a PITA at times. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tempting me with heavy things again eh?  Imagine the scenario- I'm happy with my rig but I must have the Ampeg now. Well if I do buy it, it will overhang my BF 110's so I have to buy an Ampeg 8X10 as the OCD cannot handle overhang. That won't fit in the car so I've got to buy a new van. The Mrs will go mad and throw me out. So, now I have to buy a house. That's going to cost at least £150,000 plus divorce settlement. The asking price doesn't include postage so add another £50 fully insured. Not that I've got anywhere to get it delivered to now anyway. 

Its Valentines Day. We were happy! Be worth it though! 😂😂😂😂

I'd love to own it but unfortunately it's too cold to move at the moment. GLWTS

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, itsmedunc said:

Tempting me with heavy things again eh?  Imagine the scenario- I'm happy with my rig but I must have the Ampeg now. Well if I do buy it, it will overhang my BF 110's so I have to buy an Ampeg 8X10 as the OCD cannot handle overhang. That won't fit in the car so I've got to buy a new van. The Mrs will go mad and throw me out. So, now I have to buy a house. That's going to cost at least £150,000 plus divorce settlement. The asking price doesn't include postage so add another £50 fully insured. Not that I've got anywhere to get it delivered to now anyway. 

Its Valentines Day. We were happy! Be worth it though! 😂😂😂😂

I'd love to own it but unfortunately it's too cold to move at the moment. GLWTS

All correct, but if it's that bad I'll waive the courier fee Dunc (and BTW, if you think there's a courier out there will move this flipper for £50 dream on). 

So.... 

New house £150,000

Divorce £30,000

8x10 £500 (prices are good at present)

Chiropractor fees for next 30 years £60,000 

Total 2400,500

£240,500 for the best bass tone you've ever heard? Still seems reasonable :) 

• Haha 2