Why become a member? ×

European shipping? Carrier suggestions

72deluxe

Hello

I am just asking to see if anyone has any suggestions for European shipping. I have interest on a bass I am selling from various places (Norway, Croatia etc.) so trying to get prices. Since the case is massive and wide, it seems astronomically expensive for shipping so I am not sure if I am looking in the wrong places?

I can see Eurosender is offered a discount for basschat;

I've also looked at transglobalexpress.co.uk, Parcel Force, parcelmonkey etc. but wondering if anyone else had suggestions?

Thanks, Rich

I’d never shipped a bass before and last week had to send a£5000 bass to Corsica.Used fedex express service.picked up 10.30 am on the Tuesday,delivered safely by 10.00 am ish on the Thursday ahead of schedule.pleased and very much relieved.unfortunately the buyer was hit for about 20%.french import tax.fedex give clear instructions on what labels to print and how many of each you need to send with the package.I insured with secusus,as someone on here had recommended but luckily didn’t have no reason to contact them so I can’t comment on how well they would have dealt with any claims.

very impressed with fedex though! Hope this is of some help to you.

3 hours ago, Shipping guy said:

Eurosender can still operate in the UK but only with express option which means 24h delivery, with fast customs and easy import/export process.

I contacted Eurosender yesterday bud via email & live chat regarding UK services. I tried the Express option as you mentioned online and the price was 200 + euros when i added the weight on the first page...didn't go any further than that. Forgot to add that i have used Eurosender before & no probs 

Screenshot_20210120-200037_Email.jpg

Edited by Dov65
Info

• 10 months later...

The delivery of a musical instrument is quite difficult. Still, this is an expensive package and the delivery service should be especially careful with it. When I used delivery to bring my grandmother's antique chest of drawers that I inherited, I also used the parcel tracking service to be sure that everything was fine with my chest of drawers on all sections of the way. I think you should do the same and of course by all means convey to the couriers that the parcel is very valuable and you should be especially careful with it.

Edited by medsakord

'IF' it is a bolt on neck, you'd save a fortune sending it with the bass disassembled... obviously can't be sent in a filghtcase but you can then double/triple pack it.  Saying all of that insurance on an expensive instrument is prohibitively pricey and some couriers insist instruments are sent in cases; which negates taking it apart.  Your buyer also has to factor in 20-25% in taxes etc.    

• 7 months later...

I’ve been looking at suitable couriers to send a classical guitar, in a hard case and box with packing materials inside to France from UK.

I’d rather the insurance covered both damage and loss, but can’t seem to find anything for less than £79. Then the buyer will need to pay taxes on value of guitar. Seems a very expensive business. Anyone had good experience of doing this at a more reasonable cost?

Thanks for any help.

John 

• 1 year later...