Why become a member? ×

Won't Get Fooled Again?

yorks5stringer

5 minutes ago, Maude said:

Mmm, a tiny bit bottle of full fat milk that had sat in the sun for a couple of hours. 

How to turn someone off of milk for life, lesson one. 

I dunno, being classroom milk monitor was equivalent  then to being on Tic Tac ( insert name of any other social media thang)

Gagging trying to force it down as you weren't allowed out to play until you'd drunk it all. 

If you were the last one you'd have to try and gag your way through it while the teacher stared, increasingly angrily at you. 

Physical, mental and emotional torment, all wrapped up in miniature milk bottle shaped package. Yep, best days of your life. 🙄

Just now, Maude said:

Gagging trying to force it down as you weren't allowed out to play until you'd drunk it all. 

If you were the last one you'd have to try and gag your way through it while the teacher stared, increasingly angrily at you. 

Physical, mental and emotional torment, all wrapped up in miniature milk bottle shaped package. Yep, best days of your life. 🙄

Bet you're partial to Cornish clotted cream mind?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Maude said:

We used to get a couple of little milk bottles with orange juice in. It was always a real triumph to nab one of those.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

Bet you're partial to Cornish clotted cream mind?

Now you're talking. If they want kids to get the goodness of milk inside them, why not have a cream tea? Much more civilised way of consuming dairy. 

Or a cheese board with nice glass of port. 

1 minute ago, Wolverinebass said:

I'd be voting for an assortment of Polish, Finnish and Russian vodkas with a packet of cigarettes actually. I would have said crack pipe, but sometimes you can overdo it. Plus this is a family forum.

But then you're not getting your daily milk. 

Unless you're talking milk vodka. 😉

3 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

I wonder what Rog would be saying if he had to sort out the Who crew's visas and get the carnet done?

“Who are you? Uncle Ernie, Cousin Kevin, The Real Me? I Can’t Explain!”

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Maude said:

This sounds horrifyingly familiar - childhood flashback time. Right, I’m off to hide from the bullies.

3 minutes ago, ezbass said:

“Who are you? Uncle Ernie, Cousin Kevin, The Real Me? I Can’t Explain!”

Who's going to get the gigs? The Seeker 

How are we going to get there? Magic Bus. 

Which speaker cabs did you bring and where are they? Eminence Front 

What are you going to wear? Zoot Suit 

What time is the ferry? 5:15

What about all the new paperwork? We're Not Going To Take It. 

Won't we get shafted at customs without it? You Better You Bet. 

Roger. What? Get Out and Stay Out. 

Why? I've Had Enough. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

So the suggestion is that the Silk Cut is a Substitute for cheese?

Not at all. 

Your daily dairy can be milk/cream in your White Russian, or cheese to go with your port. 

You can't have both you know. 😁

Edited by Maude

41 minutes ago, Maude said:

Now you're talking. If they want kids to get the goodness of milk inside them, why not have a cream tea? Much more civilised way of consuming dairy. 

Or a cheese board with nice glass of port. 

Reminds me of the time The Jam and Cream both pulled out of a well known West Country Festival: they could not decide who was to go on first.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

But why, though..? Notwithstanding the rights or wrongs of the issue, surely there comes a point whereby one has to accept that it's a Fact of Life, like it or not, and move on..? I'm not suggesting that the cause is not just; merely that, maybe, it's a Lost Cause, and energy expended towards it is energy wasted. A darned shame, but such is Life, no..? :/

That's Homer Simpson's philosophy is it not?

If at first you don't succeed..........give up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Maude said:

Aye. I hated the stuff. I was actually very grateful to

Spoiler

Margaret Thatcher

for ditching it.

I know, I'm a bad person 😧 But I was very young, m'lud. 

• Like 1