Why become a member? ×

SOLD Toilet seat bass
£1000
Gosport

Bassman666

It's a strange world we currently live in, so why not make it a little bit stranger and treat yourself to a bass modelled off a toilet seat? 

Mocked worldwide throughout the bass community for looking similar to a toilet seat, this is a beast of a bass. Putting the feelers out there to see if there's any interest in my musicman bongo 5 hs in carbon blue Pearl. I am only considering selling as I can't part with my 5514 lakland. My pictures are fairly terrible (will try to get better ones) so check Google images for a better representation of the colour! It's a lovely bass, comes with the original hardcase in used condition, straplocks and a spare white pearl pickguard. I have given the rear of the neck a light sanding (with wire very fine wire wool) to remove the gloss. I've done it neatly and if you wanted I'm sure you could buff it back to a gloss finish. It also has a homemade ramp fitted (with tape) which is clear acrylic however it cracked so I covered it with electrical tape to prevent it falling apart 🙃 There are some chips to the end of the headstock and a chip to the g string side of the body next to the neck.

I bust my nut on the g string... Hang on... The outer edge of the nut on the g string side has chipped off which doesn't affect its performance however I have ordered a replacement compensated nut in black which will be included if I haven't fitted it before sale. Everything works as it should. Currently strung with 45/100 slinkies with a heavier 135 b string for added tension! Plays great and has a very fast fretboard due to the 17.5mm spacing. I don't have a box to box so would prefer a collection or meet. Obviously given the current situation we will need to be sensible about it and follow the rules. 

Be safe and keep playing! 

DSC_0476.JPG

DSC_0610.JPG

DSC_0612.JPG

DSC_0607.JPG

DSC_0608.JPG

DSC_0611.JPG

DSC_0675.JPG

DSC_0677.JPG

Edited by Bassman666
  • Like 7
  • Haha 6