Why become a member? ×

SOLD Toilet seat bass
£1000
Gosport

Bassman666

I have owned one, that a friend now has as his only bass.
It is a powerfull piece of gear, lightweight, versatile and appropriate  with a loo-per.

By the way... Which paper grit did you use for sanding the back of the neck ? 2 or 3 ply ?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, andybassdoyle said:

I was wondering what kind of music the bass is suitable for. I suspect others might also be wondering this too. 

I'll go first, is it any good for skid row? 

It is versatile as stated, it could be used for any genre and can do the subtle nuances, butt, the bottom line is that it is best suitable for rock.
I remember playing Nirvana's territorial pissing with it once, and the band mates got wet.

Saw the bassist for Celine Dion playing one of these (Sky Arts Channel)  and wondered what it was, and now I know - sounded awesome.  I do like a nice 5 string with tight string spacing, but already have 1 bass over my agreed quota !!

Poor Bassman - think you'll have to re-list this under its proper name, although I suppose its handy to have it at the top of the thread all the time !

In all seriousness, and daring to talk about the instrument, I have a Bongo HH 4 string. It’s well publicised how wide it’s repertoire of sound is.

However, I’d just like to make the point, that within my collection of basses (which includes some really strong competition), the Bongo has just about the best playability and “easy” feel under the fingers.

I personally prefer a gloss finish on the neck, but if you’re in the other camp, then this could be a perfect 5 string.

GLWTS.

CB

• Thanks 1

• MB1 locked this topic