Why become a member? ×

Future Impact - Fast and Basic Fixes?

stewblack

Hi.

Is there an easy way to correct the simplest of problems i.e. when a created patch or sound or whatever is quieter than the clean bass sound? I have a great effect that's taken a very long time to create but the volume drops away whenevr |I engage it. Yes I am aware of the output level control on the unit itself, but imagine the day when I manage to programme a second useable sound, and mnaybe even a third. I would want them all to balance against the clean sound and not need to be changing them all to correct volume spikes and dips.

Guess what? Darwin award goes to Stew. 

Turns out the software had 'forgotten' about the midi interface I use. The reason changing the output levels made no discernable difference to the sound was.... they were making no difference to the pedal. 

I assumed once paired to the pedal, my desktop wouldn't need telling again to use the interface. 

So now my output levels are much better. 

• 2 months later...
On 20/01/2021 at 20:37, stewblack said:

Hi.

Is there an easy way to correct the simplest of problems i.e. when a created patch or sound or whatever is quieter than the clean bass sound? I have a great effect that's taken a very long time to create but the volume drops away whenevr |I engage it. Yes I am aware of the output level control on the unit itself, but imagine the day when I manage to programme a second useable sound, and mnaybe even a third. I would want them all to balance against the clean sound and not need to be changing them all to correct volume spikes and dips.

I have this issue quite a lot, especially when changing room/amp set up. Patches that I thought were balanced are either too loud, lacking in a certain freq range and it can be hard to tweak those aspects on the fly. 
Amazing pedal but would be completed with dedicated Bass, Mid, Treble and Dry dials I think (space would be an issue I suppose)

Edited by AinsleyWalker

2 hours ago, AinsleyWalker said:

I have this issue quite a lot, especially when changing room/amp set up. Patches that I thought were balanced are either too loud, lacking in a certain freq range and it can be hard to tweak those aspects on the fly. 
Amazing pedal but would be completed with dedicated Bass, Mid, Treble and Dry dials I think (space would be an issue I suppose)

Room wouldn't be a problem! There are some people here who have rehoused their FIs in tiny enclosures. 

I never want to programme the pedal from the box, I only want to go up and down through the presets - which needs dedicated footswitches not double tapping the up to go down - and exactly as you say volume, and most crucial of all a dry mix. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/04/2021 at 13:33, stewblack said:

Room wouldn't be a problem! There are some people here who have rehoused their FIs in tiny enclosures. 

I never want to programme the pedal from the box, I only want to go up and down through the presets - which needs dedicated footswitches not double tapping the up to go down - and exactly as you say volume, and most crucial of all a dry mix. 

The balance parameter is a dry/wet mix control but it is relative to the level set in the patch and only has coarse adjustment of four notches either side of that value.

If you have EQ enabled in a patch and it is the last effect in the chain (i.e. chorus/delay cannot be active) then the “effect” parameter is a tilt EQ control. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/04/2021 at 11:34, Quatschmacher said:

The balance parameter is a dry/wet mix control but it is relative to the level set in the patch and only has coarse adjustment of four notches either side of that value.

If you have EQ enabled in a patch and it is the last effect in the chain (i.e. chorus/delay cannot be active) then the “effect” parameter is a tilt EQ control. 

I'm aware of all this, but as you say it's all relative to how the patch is set up, and that is the issue. Just hard to make precise changes on the fly without whipping out the laptop..

2 hours ago, AinsleyWalker said:

I'm aware of all this, but as you say it's all relative to how the patch is set up, and that is the issue. Just hard to make precise changes on the fly without whipping out the laptop..

If you have a MIDI controller you can do this via CC messages as the entire MIDI implementation is publicly available. 

• Like 1