Why become a member? ×

New Rickenbacker bass?!

Cosmo Valdemar

On 20/01/2021 at 18:07, AndyTravis said:

£5000

4 minutes ago, Maude said:

I've just had a message from our guitarist, apparently £4.5k for the guitar and £5k for the bass. 

Now then...

I literally pulled that price out of my bottom.

knew it wouldn’t be cheap, but at that juncture I’d start seeking out an original 4005

4 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Now then...

I literally pulled that price out of my bottom.

knew it wouldn’t be cheap, but at that juncture I’d start seeking out an original 4005

I not sure where he's seen the price but he's a Rick fanboi so probably the Resource. 

Yeah at five grand I'd rather go the extra mile and find an original one, I've seen them around 7k. They're also a better shape 😉

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

There’s always  this project from our German eBay friend, which has been listed for approximately the last 100 years 9_9

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1967-RICKENBACKER-4005-BASS-USA/124536281019?hash=item1cfef0d7bb:g:abwAAOSwwyVf4coW

What the dirty great holes in it for? Toasters are surface mounted. 

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, pst62 said:

I not likey. Have they finally got shot of that carbuncle of a bridge that marred the 4001's/4003's, or is this a one off run?

Completely separate to the 4003 bass. More of a answer to the repeated asking to re release the 4005, albeit with a different body shape, pickup spacing and tailpiece. 

Yours for £5k 😆

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wolverinebass said:

Well, there is that. I hasten to say, I have a 4003, but I was really lucky in that the bridge didn't stop me setting the thing up to my liking.

I’ve seldom found it does. Yeah, there’s the occasional zinc duffer that folds in half😂, but generally speaking, once set, that’s it. My 2 main basses have the earlier aluminium bridge which is better than what replaced it, IMO. My issues with the earlier bridges is lack of wiggle room intonation-wise. And if you change string gauge a lot, that’s a pain too. 

V2:

http://boutique.rickenbacker.com/4003v2-TailpieceDamper-Assembly_p_786.html

I believe they’ve now gone to a single truss rod as well. 

• Thanks 1