Why become a member? ×

Thomann Goodwill Discount

verb

I received a Harley Benton PB-50 for Christmas, and I'm really enjoying it.

I have noticed what may be a small fault in the wood on the edge of the fretboard, so I emailed photos and my concerns to Thomann. Thomann responded that they were confident that it was not a problem, but they offered me a £20 goodwill discount. I asked if my warranty would be affected if I accepted the discount, just incase the fault got worse. Thomann confirmed that if I accepted the discount the warranty for the possible fault would be void. I have declined the discount in favour of keeping my full warranty. 

This post isn't to have a go at Thomann or Harley Benton products, its just a heads up that if you accept a discount you may be losing part of your warranty. 

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

I imagine the discount is in the same vein as them paying for you to replace a faulty pot or tuner.

If it was just a pot or tuner than £20 would be fine, but as it could be the neck £20 isn't going to cover it. 

9 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

What do you think the fault could develop into ?

My concern is it may be the start of a split. I could be wrong and if it stays as it is I'm not worried, I just wanted Thomann to be aware of it early on.

• Like 1