Why become a member? ×

For all the basses I have loved...

AndyTravis

My list is relatively short. 
I still have my Squier P with a Seymour Duncan pickup. Actually my first bass. It sounds great and I love the neck shape.  

Harlay Benton Fretless Jazz copy. 
Nice bass to mess around and feel like Jaco or Pino. Weights like about a metric ton but sounds really good. 

G&L L2000 tribute. 
It’s a ok bass. It has a dead preamp and at some point I might throw a east uni 3k preamp in it. Never liked the preamp to begin with. 

Now what I sold. 
Squier Jazz Bass Vintage modified.
Great sound Jazz Bass but was heavy because it had a maple neck and body. A bit strange however it sounded terrific. 

Status S3000. 
What a great bass. I really loved the headless design. The original preamp was a bit strange to work with. It had the 80s Mark king sound baked in. I sold it because I didn’t like the preamp anymore and didn’t wanted to mod a +30 year old bass.

Alembic Essence 5. 
I stupidly sold it when I needed some cash. I liked the sound and the filter preamp. But it was so flipping heavy and the neck dive was real bad.

Bogart Blackstone 4. 
I bought one used for a good price.
But rather quickly I found out that graphite neck was more sensible to temperature changes then any of my woods neck basses and it didn’t really sound that good actually.
So I sold it quickly 

I had some more basses like Ibanez EhB and Fender Mim Jazz but these I returned quickly to shops I bought them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Goodness me, this thread has proved therapeutic - I was starting to think I had an issue but have concluded I'm completely sane based on my puny list below! (basses I still have are in bold, all are 4 strings unless specified):

Stagg PJ - not sure on the exact model, was my very first bass. Lives at my parents' house now.

Ibanez SR300DX - my first half-decent bass, gigged it for a bit before I upgraded again. Also lives with my 'rents.

Musicman Stingray - saved and saved from my Saturday job to buy one, I never play it any more as the tone isn't what I want these days, but it was the first bass I properly toured and recorded with, so holds a lot of sentimental value and will never leave me.

MIM Fender Jazz - have always preferred active basses and the tone never quite did it for me.

Spector Legend 5 - bought this as part of an unsuccessful foray into 5 strings. Didn't work out, but it came in a beautiful aqua colour and had great tone.

Ken Smith BSR4 - this thing will growl your house down. 

Warwick Thumb BO - my (current) fav of the lot. It's ovangkol and has the baseball bat neck but it sounds awesome and is the most comfortable bass I've ever played.

Vigier Passion - amazing neck. Very modern tone but I think it sounds better in a mix than on its own.

Markbass Kilimanjaro - aren't many of these around and there's a lot of competition in this price bracket, but the tone is exactly what I'm after these days. Lovely clean sound.

Warwick Streamer Stage I - the sexiest looking bass I've ever owned, but I'm not sure yet whether the tone is for me.

I'm lusting after a Marleaux Votan, Xotic XJ and maybe a nice Sadowsky Metro/Fodera J, but am at the limit of number of basses I want to have at any given time. So one or two of the others would have to go.

Also - is GAS a sickness us bass players are more prone to or does it affect all musicians? I don't know any drummers that change their gear every 5 minutes :D 

Edited by CookPassBabtridge
  • Like 2

Basses (& guitars) i've owned:

Over the years, and including also the instruments i owned before a three years hiatus away from music, i've owned these:

Pre-hiatus:
Cort Action Bass (first bass, sold)
RavenWest RWG 7-Strings (sold 2011)
Harley Benton Acoustic Fretless 5 (sold)
Washburn Taurus T25 (sold 2012)
Rockbass Corvette 5 (recorded "Raggedy Zirkus", sold 2012)

Post-hiatus:
Yamaha RBX 270 FL (Sold 2015)
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass NT (recorded "Cityzens Were Here", traded away 2017)
Warwick Corvette Std (Sold 2016)
ESP-LTD B205SMFL (Sold 2017)
Fame Baphomet 6 (Sold 2018)
Squier Vintage Modified Precision 5 (recorded Laure Lucas' "Loveletters & apologies", sold 2018)
Ibanez BTB1206e Prestige (Sold 2018)
Warwick Rockbass Starbass 32" (Sold February 2019)
Sire V7 Alder 5ST-BK (returned 2018)
Warwick Rockbass Corvette 5 Active (Sold December 2018)
Squier Vintage Modified PJ Lake Placid Blue (Sold May 2019)
Cort C6 Plus ZBMH OTAB (Sold June 2019)
Ibanez SR306EB-WK (Sold July 2019)
Ibanez TMB30 Mint Green (Sold January 2020)
Squier Classic Vibe Precision '50s Lake Placid Blue (Sold March 2020)
Vintage V74MRJP Fretless (sold May 2020)
Harley Benton BZ-6000, (sold June 2020),
Harley Benton E-1335 II sunburst (given away to a young soul who needed it),
ESP-LTD B-206SM (sold September 2020)
Harley Benton JB-75MN Black Vintage Series (sold October 2020)
Ibanez AGBV205A (sold December 2020)
Sire P7 5-string Swamp Ash 1st Gen (swapped for BTB846SC, December 2020)
Ibanez ASV10A (also swapped for BTB846SC-DTL, December 2020)
Ibanez SR506 (traded for the defretted Fame Baphomet IV, February 2021)
Ibanez AS83-STE Artcore Expressionist (sold March 2021)

Some of them were acquired new, others second hand. Nothing wrong with any of them, some of them were actually really good & i have, at times, regretted selling them... The one i regret selling the most is the medium scale Starbass..

So, right now, i own:

- an Ibanez BTB846SC-DTL 

- RMI Quantum Dominic Di Piazza Signature 6 fretted

- Fame Baphomet IV fretless.

And i heavily GAS for a Warwick Rockbass Starbass 5 (in Cream White preferably). I am surprised so see that bass is pretty absent from the lists i have read here!

• Like 1

I'm basically a one bass kind of guy, and even if I own a couple now I almost exclusively just play one of them, here's my relatively modest list though, chronologically listed from my very first bass acquired somewhere around the mid 90's all up till currently 2021 (the ones that I don't own any longer in [Red Text]:

- Aria Pro II Laser Electric Classic - My first bass ever, 34" regular scale length, that I got used around the mid 90's, and which served me about 10 years going forward, except for a brief love affair with a Rickenbacker 4003, which I ended up hating shortly after, one of the last models made in Japan at the legendary Matsumoku factory, before they moved their production to Korea, still own it.

- Rickenbacker 4003 - Bought at a whim for it's great looks at a point where I had that kind of money to spend, turned out that I hated how it felt in my hands, and it was exiled to a case under the sofa at the rehearsal place the band I played in at that time had, until eventually it got stolen, don't miss it one bit but for the resale money lost.

- Jerry Jones Longhorn - My first short scale bass, which from that moment on became my preferred bass scale length, a high end high quality "butique" version of the Danelectro of the same name, played and sounded no short of amazing, and I loved it, though still I was stupid enough to sell it at some point, which I regret deeply to this day.

- Westone Violin/Beatles Bass clone - Which I never really liked, neither the feel or tone, and quickly passed on.

- Dan Armstrong Plexi Bass - Again a short affair, loved the look, hated how it felt and sounded, even with the two different flavor, easy swap, slide in pickups it came with, so ended up selling it relatively shortly after I had first acquired it.

- 28 5/8" scale 4 string bass, build from Warmoth baritone parts - Sounded amazing with a Seymour Duncan Rickenbacker Neck humbucker pickup in the neck position and a Seymour Duncan Strat guitar Hot Rails humbucker in the bridge position, regret very much selling it to this day.

- Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro Bass - My main, just 28,6" scale, bass for the last 10 years, from I got it in beginning of April 2011 and up till this day end of March 2021, which I love and find absolutely perfect for me, plays amazing, had perfect enough fretwork from stock to get the action exactly as low as I prefer it, and the most stable neck I ever had on any bass or guitar, it sounded amazing as well after I swapped out the cheap, but admittedly still pretty decent, stock pickups with a P/J set of EMG Geezer Butler pickups, I recently successfully transplanted it's amazing neck to a GSRM20B Mikro Bass body in Weathered Black finish (mahogany like the original body, but with a super thin finish that shows the grains of the wood, rather than the insanely thick poly finish of the original, also much lighter, more resonant, and with a much tighter neck pocket, in fact super tight, just exactly enough for the neck heel to fit in it), and currently I have just the EMG Geezer Butler P pickup installed, wired directly to the output jack socket.

- Ibanez GSRM20B Mikro Bass - Had horrible unplayable fretwork, buzzing all over even at ridiculously high unplayable string action, but still didn't want to go through the trouble of returning it, but after just having laid in a corner unused for a couple of years, I eventually transplanted the amazing GSRM20 Mikro Bass neck from my main Mikro Bass to the beautifully Weathered Black finish and extraordinarily light weight mahogany body of this bass, which is more resonant and with a super tight neck pocket, compared to the original thick poly finish heavy mahogany body of my first Mikro Bass.

- Egmond late 60's short scale bass - Was stupid enough to buy this used with no chance of trying it out or inspecting it first, and as it turned out it had newer, even from brand new, been an even just remotely decent instrument, made of the worst garbage quality multi laminated plywood equipped with horrible sounding pickups, and in it's current state frankly being the worst piece of crap firewood ever, totally unplayable with a stuck trussrod and a totally banana bend huge baseball neck. 

- Ibanez GSRM25 Mikro Bass - 5 string Mikro Bass, again just 28,6" scale, with an, of this kind of price tag, and even for pretty much any mass production, bass, unbelievably great fretwork, could get the action insanely low if I wanted to without any fret buzz whatsoever, literally absolutely dead on perfect fretwork, plays great too, however the 2 J pickups suck big time and a couple of the nut slots are cut too deep as well, so not getting any play before I have had the pickups and nut replaced (pondering on eventually having the 2 J pickup cavities routed out to fit 2 soapbar sized pickups and string it to be tuned it E to C).   

- Ibanez Ibanez SR306EB - A very short love affair, looked stunning and sounded great, I really wanted to love it but just couldn't get used to the full 34" scale, after almost exclusively having played short scale basses for so many years, and even less to it's wide 6 string fretboard, so had to let go of it and return it within the 30 days full refund return guarantee it was bought under.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 3

Ok, here we go. My list is quite short despite playing bass for close on 40 years.

1974 Fender Precision, natural. 1st bass. Bought in 1983 from a music shop in Charing Cross Glasgow. Neck like a banana. Sold it after 6 months for a

1982 JV Precision '57 from CC Music Glasgow. Great bass but wanted 2 pick up, so sold it after a year for a

1982 JV Jazz, CC Music again. Painted it yellow, then blue, defret byJimmy Moon, EMGs. Sold on ebay 25 years later. Was my only bass until 1989 when I bought a

1987 Stingray 3EQ from Sound Control Glasgow. Replaced neck with a Status graphite. Didn't like it, went back to original neck.

1990 Epihone Semi acoustic. Moved to Paris. Thought would be there for 6 or so months [was actually 10 years]. Bought it from a Paris music store. Gave it away.

1978 Stingray. Always wanted a pre-eb stingray. Bought a great one on ebay in 2003 which I sold to a basschatter in 2015. Great bass but preferred the contours and the cutting sound of the 3EQ which was 1 kilo lighter plus I had moved to 5 string.

1990s Ken Smith Burner 5. Bought here on Basschat. 16mm spacing a no go, so sold it for a

1993 Tobias Killer B. Bought on Basschat. Amazing sound and neck. Crap balance and painful truss rod adjustment. Sold it for a

2000 Stingray 5. Bought 2013 on ebay. Still have it. Incredibly light. Will get a Status fretless neck for this in a few months.

Then went the boutique route with funds from the 1978 Stingray sale to buy

1991 Ken Smith BT6. Ebay bargain. Was after a 5 string but hard to find so bought this instead. Looks great, sounds even better. But the heaviest bass I have ever had and don't need 6 strings. Not sure I will keep it. Also found out the circuit has been replaced with a Warwick one but sourced an original from Ken Smith himself this January.

1990s Alembic Essence 5. Neck heavy and small body don't mix. Sold to a basschatter.

1990 Ken Smith BT5. Bought from a basschatter. Don't use it as much as I should. Very light. Amazing condition compared to the BT6.

Stingray & JV Squier.jpg

stingrays.JPG

Tobias Killer B.JPG

Ken smiths.JPG

Essence 5.JPG

Musicman x3.JPG

• Like 7

• 3 months later...
On 18/01/2021 at 23:40, AndyTravis said:

@PatrickJ and I were talking about how many basses I’ve got through.

We had a laugh, I shared ridiculous purchases (the Samick I bought when bladdered which I then Sold to @lee650 the next day) among others...

So - from memory...

Kay precision - gifted by a family member, was firewood, basically...
Yamaha bb300 Japan - Bought in May 1997 for £99 in Sound Control - I resprayed it, shoved a mudbucker in it, stupid move. Sold to a mate...
Washburn xb100 - Bought from A1 Music in Manchester, it was transitioning to Academy Of Sound, I’d actually gone to buy a Hohner B2A I’d seen that week, but it’d sold
Jackson c5p - Bought by my uncle for me, ended up owning this 3 times, used as PX fodder towards a USA jazz, bought back and then sold...and then given back to me and then sold...
Schecter model t Robert DeLeo - Used money from Saturday job, took ages to pay off, had it a week, returned it and traded with Jackson c5p towards Jazz bass
Fender American standard jazz bass - traded two basses for it, found I snapped g strings on it - probably poor technique at the time...this was at Sound control
Warwick corvette - Traded the jazz for this, kept it for years, played it up until 2009 when I sold it, this was at Academy of Sound
Spector NS-94 - bought from the short lived Manchester bass centre. Had LED’s in the neck, bought on the day I saw the blue Tune bass I’ve got on the way...swapped for an amp at Spectrum Music in Whitefield.
Fender Marcus Miller Jazz Bass - First Purchase when I worked for Dawson’s, kept it for about 5 years, sold to Nick Smith
Epiphone Jack Casady - Lovely thing, sold to @Etienne
Fender 50’s classic P - Bought for me by a girlfriend, was a nice bass...
Fender Japan 62P - Bought from Ishibashi, never got on with it. Lives in Oldham now.
Fender 75 Jazz FSR limited - Lovely thing, sold to @LukeFRC
Squier 83 Japan p/j - Wish this was still here, miss it hugely. Still belongs to a basschatter, who won’t sell it back 😞
Jackson c20 - bought on a whim, returned shortly thereafter, just not as nice as the c5p
Hohner B2A - got one eventually, took to Edinburgh and sold to a basschatter while I was drunk on a stag do - great bass.
Rickenbacker 4003 - Never meet your heroes, couldn’t get on with it. Kept in a case and sold.
Musicman Stingray 3eq Piezo - Great bass, absolutely skinted myself to buy this...
Musicman Bongo HH - Bought for my 21st Birthday, sold in dark times...
Hofner Violin “cavern” - Sold to the same guy who has my old blue Japanese 62p, bought silly cheap, sold for not much more...
Jaydee Supernatural - Another “never meet your heroes” moment - didn’t make sense in the band I was in, sold at a loss
Ken Smith Burner Artist - Lasted a week, gutted...my ex announced £1000’s in debt the day it arrived, sold nearly every bass I had to resolve
Musicman Stingray Classic - Got for my 29th (I think) second best stingray I owned, but definitely the nicest one.
Musicman Stingray 2eq - Trying to recoup the stingray classic I missed, not as nice
Status Kingbass Artist - Got this from @MB1 who relieved me of a Stingray Classic; found the body and scale too small...
Status Groove Bass - arrived damaged, but a great bass, sold cheaply, would love a 4
Fender Geddy Lee Japan - Bought on a whim, sold soon after, loved how it looked, neck too skinny...
Fender Nate Mendel - Mega light, lovely bass, replaced bits on it and then sold to @lee650
Sandberg California 5 - didn’t get on with it, bought in a rush as the Stingray 5 I was after had sold...
Yamaha TRB5p2 - should’ve tried harder with this, beautifully made, just heavy and a bit uninspiring.
Fender Roscoe Beck V - Bonkers thing, great great bass - again, would like a 4 string version 
Peavey g bass - thought it’d be like a Flea bass, wasn’t...looked ace though
peavey gv bass (owned this twice) - Great bass, I sold because I stopped playing 5’s
Self build plexiglass P - crazy heavy, 14-15lbs
Self build p/j with limelight neck - great bass, swapped for BEX4c
Self build p/j duck Dunn - lovely thing, was proud of this...
Farida j fretted - still here, made for me when I worked for their uk distributor 
Farida j fretless - as above...Ebony board
Farida fjb6 red - a project I never started, bought and sold within a week
Farida fjb6 white - Used for the neck I still have and sold with a fretless board
Mike Lull 5 jazz - Excellent bass, one of the nicest 5’s I’ve ever played 
Fender mex p/j deluxe - should’ve kept this, nice bass
Fender roger waters - Not for me, made it into a 57 black’n’gold thing. Swapped for geddy no.2
Fender geddy Lee mex - nicer than the Japan one I had, didn’t last though...
Fender custom shop 64 relic jazz (twice) - bought from @three, sold to @binkybongo (who was the original owner...) and then sold back to Loz...then I bought it back From Bill...very odd. Nicest Jazz ever...now belongs to @Normski
Fender custom shop 64 NOS - meh, traded for 2 basses at GBBL.
Fender custom shop 55p relic - Excellent bass, sold to @Beedster - was made for the CS trade stand at Musikmesse
Fender 1977 p - lovely thing, best late 70’s I’ve seen/played...
Fender 1975 p - great old P, comfy, barky, woody...
Fender Japan Fretless P 70’s - Heavy, but gorgeous sold to @mcnach 
Fender PBAC fl - Bought out of curiosity, nice thing.
Fender power jazz special - Lovely, no need for it though really...
Epiphone thunderbird classic - bought at a crack converters, loved it but looked silly on me
Epiphone thunderbird non reverse - bought because I wasn’t sure how stupid I could look twice over...
Dearmond star fire - Just 🤷🏻‍♂️, looked ace, can’t remember much about it...
Sadowsky metro J - Mega Bass, wanted a P/J
Sadowsky metro p - Still here, love it
Status guy pratt - loved it, couldn’t justify with the Sadowsky being so lovely (and similar) and to cover a bill 🙄
Status smart bass - Looked great, sounded great - hated the ‘square’ feeling neck...
Epiphone jack Casady blue - to replace the gold one I should’ve kept. It’s ace.
Spector Euro 435lx - Brilliant bass, flippin loved it. Sold because a car went pop. Turns out I could’ve kept it.
Fender Marcus Miller white - now with @bassfan
Fender Marcus Miller natural (refin) - Went mad on this, spent silly money doing it up and fitting posh guts...just wasn’t as special in the end and I preferred it as a stock bass, should’ve just had a respray done and kept everything else stock, lost its character 
Modulus Flea Bass - Still beating myself up over this, don’t talk about it
Yamaha bb200 - bought for the neck, arrived damaged, sold cheap
Yamaha bb300 - To replace my original bb300, was ace, sold to @bigsmokebass
Yamaha bb350f - what the 200 neck was for...should’ve kept it, nice bass, just needed frets
Yamaha bb425x - decent workhorse 
Yamaha bb415 - as above, both did plenty of gigs
Yamaha bb1100s 1986 - dreamboat, second favourite BB I’ve ever owned
Yamaha bb1100s 1988 - not as nice as other one
Yamaha bb1024x - Hard to discuss 
Yamaha bb614 - recorded with this, nice
Yamaha bb414 - This bass makes me smile
Yamaha bbg4a2 - 🤷🏻‍♂️ Nice enough, bland...
Musicman 1994 stingray 2eq - Best Stingray ever...sold because I’m a tit
Godlyke disciple - Should’ve kept it, just an absolute banger...went to @bassfan when I got his Flea...easily one of the best put together basses I’ve owned.
Washburn sb40eq - Mental Graceland esque bass, sounded ok, sold to a guy who runs a Washburn museum in America 😳
Aria sb700 - FFS, should’ve kept. It was pristine.
Aria sb1000 - Alright, preferred the 700 in the end.
Aria Steve Bailey - Bought in haste, sold at a similar pace, turns out it was a scarce pre production bass. Still 🤷🏻‍♂️
Guild b30e - best acoustic bass I owned, bar none
Tacoma thunder chief - arrived smashed from Mansons, gutted
Fender mex 60’s burgundy FSR - nice, but got the CS so fell out of favour 
Sigma acoustic bass - decent cheap ABG
Yamaha attitude special - great bass, the purchase was laboured and got messy and the seller absolutely soured the whole experience and I sold it on after 2 months because it did my head in that I’d given a scoundrel cash for it
Yamaha attitude standard pink - great bass
Yamaha attitude standard black - Just, a bit nicer than the pink, dunno why
Yamaha attitude plus - Was sent back, unfortunately 
Yamaha bb714bs - Sold to the wonderful @leemarseillebass - should’ve kept it but these things happen
PRS EBIV - Again, never gave it a chance, and I would probably enjoy it more now. Nice thing...
Yamaha rbx360 (think it was a 350) - got it cheap, did it up, sold it...
Fender Stu Hamm Urge - too little
Self build billy sheehan wife bass - Madder than a box of frogs, needed a push across the finish line, sold to @ceteraat a significant loss 😂
Yamaha BEX4c - Lovely thing, useless for the band I was in, sold, regretted 
Hohner Bbass natural - corking bass
Hohner Bbass Black (still have this at a mates) - bought for buttons and was ultimately bollocksed, is now sanded to bare wood (maybe primed) and is just a body and neck...should actually finish it
Fender AVRI 62P - sold, don’t know why, a nice bass
Fender Roadworn Jazz - bought when I had a period without the 64 CS. Lovely thing
Danelectro 59dc bass - Chased, chased and chased, got one - sounded like 60’s soundtrack basslines...sold when I realised the body was too small
Breedlove 5 string bass - Did 3 gigs with a soul singer, sold it at a loss
Ibanez BTB676 - taken in trade against TRB5PII, just too many strings, took ages to sell too...
Gear4Music acoustic 5 (defretted) - just messing about with defretting, worked out well, sold it and made money
Samick HFB-590 - 2 bottles of merlot, eBay and idiot at the helm...sold the day it arrived to @lee650
Oldfield acoustic bassstolen by a crackhead, best thing for it...used to replicate a double bass on the cheap, the trubass strings were probably worth more...

And a Tune bass arriving this week.

please...if you can...share your list of shame.

and if you’ve bought a bass from me, and it’s not on the list, please mention it.

im so ashamed.

never once have I said any of this has made me a good bass player.

Gawd…

so

BB424x - Sunburst

BB424x - White

BB1300 - Blue 

BB450 - Sunburst 

BB350 - currently awaiting paint 

Hmm. Have I missed some out? I’ve no clue. I absolutely find my bass fetishism pathetic 😂

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Gawd…

so

BB424x - Sunburst

BB424x - White

BB1300 - Blue 

BB450 - Sunburst 

BB350 - currently awaiting paint 

Hmm. Have I missed some out? I’ve no clue. I absolutely find my bass fetishism pathetic 😂

Not sure whether to be impressed or concerned. Probably both 😜

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like a total virgin - excluding “buy to resell immediately” I’ve had five including one that I built myself and still have two of those 5

Musima P
aria magna 5 string 

vintage EST96a stingray 

bass doc P 

self-build jazz 

no guitars included here because guitars are sugar honey iced tea

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

I feel like a total virgin - excluding “buy to resell immediately” I’ve had five including one that I built myself and still have two of those 5

Musima P
aria magna 5 string 

vintage EST96a stingray 

bass doc P 

self-build jazz 

no guitars included here because guitars are sugar honey iced tea

I thought you’d go for the “shocked” icon @AndyTravis

• Squire Jazz: Shoddy 2nd hand starter Bass - the bridge pickup didn't work and action was really high, but I didn't really know any better and it was good enough to get me into playing.
  • Fender Jazz MIM: 2nd hand that hadn't been treated that well before (had rusty strings/frets and a few knocks), I liked it but wanted to move on to active 5 strings.
  • Ibanez SRMS 805: Great Bass, good 3 band eq with 3x centre frequency switch for the mids, only thing I didn't like so much was it felt a bit small to me - particularly the string spacing.
  • Dingwall Combustion: Technically excellent but felt a bit big and heavy and I didn't like that there wasn't ability to mix between pickups (it's one or other or both), also more of a modern tone than I was after.
  • Sandberg TM5 SL: Excellent Bass, my favourite that I've owned, fun to play - comfortable and light and has a variety of good tones. I suppose the Dingwall did feel a bit more sturdy and 'high-end' in little details and was more even across the strings and the Ibanez had more tone control so I'm not quite sold on it being 'the one'!

With the exception of the Dingwall being more expensive than the Sandberg these have all got increasingly expensive and increasingly good and not really lost much value when I traded to the next one so I am eying up my next move and telling myself it's probably worth spending the ££  which is a bit of a gamble as would need to sell the Sandberg to pay for it. Better to regret something you did do than something you didn't though?! And seeing the length of most of the lists on this thread helps me justify it!

Edited by SumOne