Why become a member? ×

NBD: 1983 G&L L2000

cocco

I recently snapped this bad boy up on a bit of a whim. I bought a thumb a few months ago and while it sounded great on its own I just couldn't get it to do what I wanted it to in a band situation so I made the decision to sell it. I was about to order a Limelight Jazz build when I spotted this little beauty on the classic and cool website. 

The thumb rest is an add on but the strings might be original 😂

I'm amazed by it. It's easily the highest output bass I've come across before I've turned the preamp on, with the preamp everything shakes and the sound tightens up, like turning a compressor on. It's got plenty of versatility and a real mid range punch in the face. I'm sure a fresh set of strings will bring even more punch. 

The controls are really easy to get your head around. I've owned a T-40 for years so I'm used to odd ball electronics. 

It's pretty heavy too. 4.18kg, only 100g lighter than my T-40. 

Here are some pics to drool over. 

I like the black appointments. Does anyone know if black or chrome was an option or if it was a change in production at some point? 

IMG20210118103715.jpg

IMG20210118103721.jpg

IMG20210118103727.jpg

IMG20210118103742.jpg

• Like 5

That looks great. I really like the black crackle finish to, and have the same on my SB1. A very flexible bass - you could also look at the K-mod which allows single coil modes. I'm eyeing up an '83 L1000 at the moment but really shouldn't! I saw this one on Classic & Cool and was really tempted myself.