Why become a member? ×

New EBMM Stingray Special Colours and Prices

Eldon Tyrell

2 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

For me the Amethyst Sparkle, but with chrome hardware. And I would have loved that Smoked Chrome if it had been a plain finish instead of a burst. I don't like the black edges. 

It's remarkably similar to the current Firemist Silver colour, no?

9 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

I'd get one where the low B isn't falling off the fretboard.

4EB26E1A-42B1-4D07-9D08-81B09BE538B6.jpeg.7b9e5ce1d6238c6337d8cc6aa93c4e09.jpeg

Given that you can see the side of the neck to the right, I think there is a bit of angle involved there.

However, I have noticed with a lot of SR5’s that there isn’t much board available on either side.

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

12 hours ago, FDC484950 said:

Nothing about the Sterling. Given the page says color (sic) discontinued does this mean they’ve dropped them??

I don't think they are discontinued. It is more likely that they pause them this year, together with the Stingray Classic, due to Covid restrictions. 

4 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

I don't think they are discontinued. It is more likely that they pause them this year, together with the Stingray Classic, due to Covid restrictions. 

I don’t remember seeing the Stingray Classic on their site do a long time now (as you say, maybe due to COVID). The fact that both MM and (Far Eastern) Sterling ranges have been mentioned does suggest no (US) Sterlings available in 2021; I’d hope that as they still appear on the MM site, albeit with colour discontinued against each option, means they’re not being dropped.

On a more positive note it’s nice to see that the Bongo no longer has that hideous sparkle pink and blue finishes. It seems burst colours are the fashion this year - as other have said, some of the colours are good but I’d have preferred them solid rather than with a dark edge. Charcoal Sparkle is also not I colour I would have dropped.

2 hours ago, FDC484950 said:

I don’t remember seeing the Stingray Classic on their site do a long time now (as you say, maybe due to COVID). The fact that both MM and (Far Eastern) Sterling ranges have been mentioned does suggest no (US) Sterlings available in 2021; I’d hope that as they still appear on the MM site, albeit with colour discontinued against each option, means they’re not being dropped.

On a more positive note it’s nice to see that the Bongo no longer has that hideous sparkle pink and blue finishes. It seems burst colours are the fashion this year - as other have said, some of the colours are good but I’d have preferred them solid rather than with a dark edge. Charcoal Sparkle is also not I colour I would have dropped.

I did some googling and found this in the EB forum. Dargin from EB customer service wrote back in September:

"I don't think we'll make an Old Smoothie or Classic how we used to again. We'll have a limited version of a Classic drop soon and then hopefully we can improve those concepts in 2022.

*Edit just read the other thread..

There is only so much capacity with Covid that we had to reduce certain offerings. To put it in perspective I would guess it's 40-1 for Special vs Classic sales."

I guess the "limited version of a Classic" was the Cliff Williams Stingray as part of the Icon Series. Let's see how the improvements of the Old Smoothie and Classic concepts will look like in 2022. 

Are we going to talk about the price increase? While it looks like they have increased roughly $100 in the USA, look at the prices on Andertons:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/music-man-stingray-black-roasted-maple-maple-black-pickguard-black-hardware

https://www.andertons.co.uk/music-man-stingray-5-special-snowy-night-roasted-maple-maple-matching-headstock-white-pg-chrome-hardware

When the models from last year were between £2000 (4 string) and £2200 (5 string).... Surely, Andertons got it wrong right? An increase of around £800??? WTF?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Ian McFly said:

Are we going to talk about the price increase? While it looks like they have increased roughly $100 in the USA, look at the prices on Andertons:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/music-man-stingray-black-roasted-maple-maple-black-pickguard-black-hardware

https://www.andertons.co.uk/music-man-stingray-5-special-snowy-night-roasted-maple-maple-matching-headstock-white-pg-chrome-hardware

When the models from last year were between £2000 (4 string) and £2200 (5 string).... Surely, Andertons got it wrong right? An increase of around £800??? WTF?

Agree, this is totally insane 😱 Hope it is some kind of typo.    

• Eldon Tyrell changed the title to New EBMM Stingray Special Colours and Prices