Why become a member? ×

New EBMM Stingray Special Colours and Prices

Eldon Tyrell

36 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

At £3000

i want to decide if I have gold, chrome or black hardware And what colour/fingerboard options I have.

Ah well. I have stingray sounds covered, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Absolutely right. Madness if you think about it really.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wolverinebass said:

At £3000 I want to decide whether the bass is made of platinum or if the bridge is encrusted with diamonds. 

EBMM have been on the gear with this pricing. There is no way I'd pay that for one.

Same here. I cannot really see anyone paying these crazy prices. 😱

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ian McFly said:

Repeating myself here, but Nino Valenti can build me a bass (Jazz style, not MM though) with MY specs for £2100, with premium components and building. And that’s after shipping from USA and includes UK VAT.... food for thought. 

I don't think it would be that difficult to get the same for considerably less that in the UK.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Same here. I cannot really see anyone paying these crazy prices. 😱

Thinking of it, maybe we all should get one of these, kind of, "limited edition" EBMM basses. BD mentioned in the weekly newsletter "production at the factory is less than 50% of normal capacity so supply with ber very limited". So, with low supply and probably low demand due to the crazy prices, they may well become rare collector's items and valuable in the future - the EBMM COVID-19 Collection 😎 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FDC484950 said:

BassDirect’s website has all the UK pricing.

Bongo 4HH Stealth Black £3249

Bongo 4HH Harvest Orange £3249

Bongo 5HH Stealth Black £3349

Bongo 5HH Harvest Orange £3349

Bongo 6HH Stealth Black £3549

Bongo 6HH Harvest Orange £3549

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Crikey - That's crackers. 

I've noticed the same with Dingwalls too  -sadly - as I have been hankering for a Combustion 6 since the time they were first rumoured (2018?)

3 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

Crikey - That's crackers. 

It really is totally bonkers for a standard production model. I mean, for that money I am getting a custom US Spector Forte 4 with EMG PJX pickups, the US Haz 9V (instead of the Aguilar OBP-2) and a gloss black finish (instead of the standard matte finish), so pretty much a NS-2 (minus the crown inlays). 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Wow.

So no ambiguity this time, the Bongo stealth 6HH has gone up by over £1k in 12 months.  I swear they were made from basswood, too...

On 19/01/2021 at 23:47, Ian McFly said:

Are we going to talk about the price increase? While it looks like they have increased roughly $100 in the USA, look at the prices on Andertons:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/music-man-stingray-black-roasted-maple-maple-black-pickguard-black-hardware

https://www.andertons.co.uk/music-man-stingray-5-special-snowy-night-roasted-maple-maple-matching-headstock-white-pg-chrome-hardware

When the models from last year were between £2000 (4 string) and £2200 (5 string).... Surely, Andertons got it wrong right? An increase of around £800??? WTF?

Ouch, £3000?

That's my wish for a new SR5 gone, used market for me then. I thought £2000-2300 was already pushing it but I could go for it knowing I'd specify colour etc, but £3000? that's quite a mark-up in so little time.

It makes me like my stealth Harley Benton MB-5 a lot more suddenly.

Edited by mcnach

On 20/01/2021 at 13:06, FDC484950 said:

IMHO if I was in the market for a new bass where I wanted a particular group of features either Maruszczyk or Sandberg are streets ahead of the older and more established manufacturers. The kind of paint that goes into a bass isn’t particularly hard to find or expensive and if being made to order it’s not like you’re being forced to buy 5000L in advance, so little cash flow impact. MM risk going from a common sight in most decent music shops/online retailers to ending up like Warwick - but at least they offer thousands of combinations for the high price.

Yup.

I think when I'm ready for a SR5 I'll probably end up with Sandberg (or even Maruszczyk) if I can't find the right one used. And that way I'll be sure the G string doesn't fall off the edge too ;)

2 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

They can go and do one. It's made of basswood!! 

I'd love to know why we're getting such a hike as it's really grim.

Surely, there’s also an increase in production costs involved (and supplies as well, ash wood might have become more expensive recently), and the fact they’re producing less so need to make up for it. 

BUT, the fact that the UK increase is three times the US one, well that is proper greed indeed. 

• Eldon Tyrell changed the title to New EBMM Stingray Special Colours and Prices