Why become a member? ×

EU postage experiment.

Paul S

I ordered some parts for the business from Germany 3rd week in January, nothing urgent, for stock to test the water. I wrongly assumed the vendor had worked out the process post Brexit. They were picked and packed and dispatched with GLS, then sat around in a GLS warehouse in Germany for 3 weeks, occasionally being scanned but not moving, before being returned to the company that sent them, who then took a week to confirm that the parts had been received, then a few more days to tell me the choice of refund methods, I elected for refund to card and am still waiting for my money back. In the meantime they are daily sending out special promotions and big discounts to buy from them. Many emails exchanged, and negative feedback through their own market research, they really haven't got a clue. Shame as they used to be a good reliable supplier. At the same time several of my UK suppliers are running low on stock and have been waiting for more than a month for pallets to clear customs and be delivered. And we all bought extra stock at the end of last year to try and ensure we had enough for a couple of months trading while it sorted itself out. 

• Sad 1

On 18/01/2021 at 12:42, Paul S said:

This morning I sent a couple of small packages to France.  1st class but not tracked or signed for.  Filled out a small customs declaration, that was it at this end.  Be interesting to see what happens at the other end.

To follow up and conclude with the item - small parcel worth about £50 - sent to France on 18th January and received on 25th January : I was asked nothing, no extra charge. to date

• Thanks 1

The other week I pre-ordered a record from a German label. I was pretty shocked at the delivery time. The record was shipped with DHL. At 19:58 on the 4th March it was marked as processed. Then 11:26 on the 5th it was delivered to me!

DHL.thumb.jpg.7160080dbd90f1556528b534d9f444b2.jpg

Edited by bartelby

My parcel is still in Belgian Customs. Talking to Interparcel on Monday the goalposts have been moved yet again and they are now not investigating any parcels in this situation until there has been no movement for 30 WORKING DAYS. In the case of my parcel that will be Wednesday of next week at which point it will have been in transit for over 7 weeks.

Edited by BigRedX
  • Sad 2