Why become a member? ×

EU postage experiment.

Paul S

4 hours ago, Hellzero said:

4 years to get ready and we are still in the middle of nowhere : extraordinary ! There should be a stronger word than incompetence for this !

@BigRedX This wasn't against you as you'te coping to try to get this sorted, but against the idiots pretending to govern us anywhere. When you know you have a deadline, better be prepared to it and get everything totally sorted for that deadline, which absolutely not the case... You don't get a treaty signed on the eve of such a deadline unless you are selfish fools. And it has nothing to do with politics here : it's a simple heartbreaking fact.

17 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

... You don't get a treaty signed on the eve of such a deadline unless you are selfish fools. And it has nothing to do with politics here : it's a simple heartbreaking fact.

On the other hand, one doesn't reveal one's hand whilst negotiations are ongoing. A bad analogy, but poker isn't played with the cards exposed. This same 'deal' signed up and published four years ago would have provoked the same disarray, probably, but this would, by now, have been forgotten. :|

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

@BigRedX This wasn't against you as you'te coping to try to get this sorted, but against the idiots pretending to govern us anywhere. When you know you have a deadline, better be prepared to it and get everything totally sorted for that deadline, which absolutely not the case... You don't get a treaty signed on the eve of such a deadline unless you are selfish fools. And it has nothing to do with politics here : it's a simple heartbreaking fact.

And I didn't take it as such.

Just pointing out that what hope does the average small business have when the organisations in charge don't appear to know the information. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has had to get help from HMRC trying to sort this out.

I thought I was on top of this having already spent an hour or so working out the tariff code I would need earlier this week when I placed the order with the printer knowing that I would be forwarding on the printed labels to Belgium. Little did I know that it was only the tip of the new Bureaucratic iceberg!

Hopefully anyone else who needs this information is now aware.

If you think you are going to need and EORI number this year apply for it now!

17 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

On the other hand, one doesn't reveal one's hand whilst negotiations are ongoing. A bad analogy, but poker isn't played with the cards exposed. This same 'deal' signed up and published four years ago would have provoked the same disarray, probably, but this would, by now, have been forgotten. :|

That's exactly what they all did : playing poker with each and every citizen's money, but theirs. And nobody even had a royal flush, only a bloody pair. So sad.

• Like 2

On 22/01/2021 at 12:32, Hellzero said:

I've ordered, this Monday, some La Bella White Nylon's through Amazon.fr from Amazon EU (not a third party seller) using the Prime system as I'm in since the beginning. They were supposed to be delivered on the next day before I hit the buy button, then on the Wednesday when officially bought and today I had a message saying that I will get them next Tuesday and they are coming from ... the U.K.

I'll refuse the parcel if there's any additional fee.

This world is becoming more stupid every day. 🤦‍♂️

If your order does come from within the EU, as long as it’s under £135 you shouldn’t get collared with any extra fees. Amazon charge VAT at point of purchase for UK customers on non-UK EU sites.

Bought a new frying pan from Amazon.de early January and I didn’t get copped with any additional fees when it was delivered by UPS. My order was about €45 including delivery fees.

A second hand item worth £50 (above the £39 criteria) was delivered to me via Royal Mail International standard, it took a week, sent by @Paul S on the 18th, received on 25th.

The French postman has delivered the parcel to me as any other paper mail, not asking for anything.

We'll see if any extra charge is asked for later on, but I doubt they would bother with that.
If I don't get charged any extra fee, then it is clearly a mess, and clearly unfair.

Here are the labels FYI

20210125_151303.jpg

20210125_152456.jpg

Edited by claustra
  • Like 1

The parcel I have been having problems sending to Belgium has finally gone.

When I was able to complete the booking I needed to print and sign 3 copies of the customs invoice, something I have only previously had to do for expensive items going to South American countries.

Also Interparcel couldn't automatically generate the shipping label and I had to contact them and they had to send it in a separate email. I don't know if this was a one-off glitch or it it was a delay due to them checking the EORI information and/or Tarif Codes. That added an extra 30 minutes onto the process.

Now I just need to see if the parcel reaches it's destination without any further problems.

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

My parcel to Belgium appears to be on a time machine:

1552720495_ScreenShot2021-01-27at09_20_51.png.cbdca354d783f0b4e59633ec0bbfecd2.png

Screen shot taken at 09:21 on Wednesday 27th Jan...

we took control of our borders, money and laws, and now have sovereignty to declare our own idea of how time works without being told so by anybody. Celebrate it! 

5 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Lots - every single one sent by RM international standard got there - was a bit hit and miss pre brexit but fine now 

Unfortunately RM International Standard only appears to go up to 2kg (5kg for printed papers) and doesn't offer any insurance, so not much use in my case - 10kg of printed labels which would cost me £500 to have produced again if lost or damaged.

18 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Unfortunately RM International Standard only appears to go up to 2kg (5kg for printed papers) and doesn't offer any insurance, so not much use in my case - 10kg of printed labels which would cost me £500 to have produced again if lost or damaged.

They do insurance - I’ve claimed for everything lost and been paid - in line with most couriers it’s not high value insurance 

16 minutes ago, Bassman Sam said:

I sold a NR Thunderbird to @Aero71 on here and he arranged the courier to pick it up and deliver it to the Netherlands 15 days ago.  I printed out all the docs required and put them on the parcel. It's still not arrived. Getting really worried now.

@Bassman Sam Have you checked the tracking?

My parcel, sent on Monday,  is still at the International Hub although it appears to have cleared customs, it hasn't left the UK yet (despite the fact that it was originally due to be delivered to Belgium today).

Just now, BigRedX said:

@Bassman Sam Have you checked the tracking?

My parcel, sent on Monday,  is still at the International Hub although it appears to have cleared customs, it hasn't left the UK yet (despite the fact that it was originally due to be delivered to Belgium today).

The buyer has said that the tracking is bad. Still waiting from an update from him. I don't know if it has left the UK yet.