Why become a member? ×

SOLVED: Help me identify a bass... from a poor description!

pantherairsoft

9 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Those prices are somewhat inflated since they are for the US distributor and will include EU to US shipping and import taxes as well as a distributor mark-up.

Nevertheless, cheap they ain't, and even if you bought them direct from BassLab, you'd still get hit for import taxes post-Brexit.

So that €3350 just became €4020. Plus, presumably, shipping and currency conversion... eeek!

Edited by Lfalex v1.1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

Nevertheless, cheap they ain't, and even if you bought them direct from BassLab, you'd still get hit for import taxes post-Brexit.

So that €3350 just became €4020. Plus, presumably, shipping and currency conversion... eeek!

This is the agonising truth. At €3100, compared to other luthier specs, it sounds about right. But add VAT once it hits the UK and it’s time to cry. Wish I’d investigated this a few months ago :)

2 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Come (back) to Europe. 😁

We're actually contemplating a move to Germany. My brother-in-law moved there 6 months ago (he got a job with Thomann) and is absolutely loving life. We went over to visit between lock-downs and felt really inspired. It's a serious consideration.

Edit - this thread has gone major off topic! 

Edited by pantherairsoft
  • Like 1

I love Atlansia! The company is run by Nobuaki Hayashi, better known as H. Noble, who designed many iconic Matsumoku-era Aria Pro II guitars and basses like the famous SB series. I love his mad professor-approach to guitar building, constantly coming up with solutions to problems that don't exist, often completely ignoring ergonomics and userfriendliness but always beautifully engineered. He doesn't play guitar or bass himself, he got involved in guitar manufacturing when he was building wooden cabinets for Matsumoku sewing machines! 

Edited by LeftyJ
  • Like 3