Why become a member? ×

SOLVED: Help me identify a bass... from a poor description!

pantherairsoft

My google-foo has failed me!

Many (many) years ago I stumbled over a bass maker and one model in particular that gave me major GAS. It was ‘very’ out there, most notably from the fact that the upper horn travelled the full length of the neck and connected to the headstock! I’ve never seen anything else quite like it - I can sketch something if the description doesn’t make sense.

They typically came in very striking colours as well - metallic purples and blues etc.

I seem to think that they were a composite, opposed to wood build, but that detail may be incorrect.

Does anyone know what the hell I’m talking about? I’d love to track down the builder (and ideally, one of said basses!).

Thanks,

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maude said:

Woah woah woah, hang on a minute. 

We can't have a thread on here started and resolved that quick without some political brexit chat. 

😉

Basslab L-Bow? Bleedin' German, innit? Forrin muck wiv a stupid name, bin stuck in Calais for a month stuffed in a container wiv a load of them French Muslamic immigrants an' some blue passports from Poland. Call that sovrinty???

That do? :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Looks like the Auerswald is wooden,  but the reasons for the "bow" seem to be the same as for the (composite) Basslab. It's interesting to note that both manufacturers make models without the bow, which makes me wonder how useful it really is.

As far as the Roland is concerned (want there a guitar model also?) It was to improve the neck rigidity and thus the clarity of the vibrations reaching the synth pickup. 

• Like 1