Why become a member? ×

1965 Fender Precision Withdrawn
£4500
Hexham

walshy

Ok so this is possibly the nicest sounding P bass I’ve played, and I’ve had a few. So it’s this or my 66 CAR so I’ll test the water with this first. 

Fender Precision Bass 1965 PRE CBS

Neck Stamped 5 AUG 65C

Neck has been refinished with period correct decal now under the lacquer instead of on top.

Original tuners

Original nut

Original frets

Body and neck refinished by Clive Brown, THE best in the business

Pick ups period correct, can't make out date stamp

Screen plate under tort guard. Guard has had some repairs but is still intact and working.

Pots dated 50th Week 1964

Correct 0.05 Capacitor - yellow disc

Original bridge and saddles

CITES certificate present too

Weight 3.55KG Super light!

Comes with old hard case, non original but very old.

No trades and collection welcome, Covid depending. I can courier at buyers expense. In U.K. I have an excellent man with a van courier who will deliver it personally. 

Edited by walshy
  • Like 29

15 hours ago, therealting said:

Oh man. Want. To partner my 64, but this is so much lighter 😍

Yeah it’s crazy light. Sounds lovely too. 

15 hours ago, DJ '65 said:

Holy crap! My YOB bass.... I wish!!! I doubt you’ll need any luck with the sale but someone is going to be very happy.

Thanks dude. It’s a stunner and a half

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

That bloody map again :)

So, for those of you who do not understand what Walshy's up to, it borrows strongly to the work on classical conditioning of Ivan Pavlov, but is perhaps more in keeping of the methods used by the Soviet block in the 60's and 70's to 'encourage' certain behaviours of their agents. In short, for a few years now Paul has been putting beautiful instruments in front of that map and sofa, which, you will have noticed, are always arranged identically in each listing. The prices, because these are beautiful instruments, are high, but rightly so, many would say below market value. But you watch this space, suddenly there will be Satellites, Columbi, even some of those awful Russian things, and we're all going to be so conditioned by the map and the sofa, that we'll just carry on buying at the same high prices.

Do not stare at the map. Repeat, do not stare at the map.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Beedster said:

You could post a picture of the map and sofa on their own and we'd still all be here drooling and checking our Paypal accounts :)

Yeah range or Air Basses coming soon 😂

• Haha 1

• MB1 locked this topic