Why become a member? ×

Plethora Effects list

stewblack

I can't seem to find a definitive list of the TC Electronic pedals available on the plethora. 

Everyone selling it has the pr blurb which says something along the lines of 'tons of effects, including...' which is irritatingly vague. 

All I can find on their website is a never ending list of tone prints which had me tying a noose in my dressing gown chord. 

Any ideas? 

From the product page:

FX include Hall Of Fame 2 Reverb, Flashback 2 Delay, Sub n Up Octaver, Brainwaves Pitch Shifter, Corona Chorus, Hypergravity Compressor, Mimiq Doubler, Vortex Flanger, Pipeline Tap Tremolo, Quintessence Harmony, Sentry Noise Gate, Shaker Vibrato, Viscous Vibe, Helix Phaser, Tape Deck Looper

Lack of drive and filter rules it out for me as a multi fx, they’re the most important effects to me. Even if you were happy to have those as separates, you would be forced to have them before or after everything in the Plethora.

Edited by dannybuoy

5 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

FX include...

That's the bit that set me to wondering. What else is there? Specifically are there any filters. If not, then I agree, at the present time it's not worth it. £150 cheaper and it's a really neat addition to any pedal board. The other thing puts me off is if you use the effects loop (I think) you lose one of your effects as one of the footswitches seems to become dedicated to turning the loop on and off.

It’d be a total marketing fail if it had those fx and they just couldn’t be bothered to list them, I think what you see is what you get.

Shame, as they had the Spectradrive out so they could’ve included some drive models, then all they had to do was put out a filter before getting to work on the multi!

Maybe saying it 'includes' the following, is just marketing. Gives the impression a rather flimsy list might be a lot longer.

I still really like the idea. I like the whole toneprint thing, and I like the idea of it being laid out just like a real pedal board as distinct from the usual multi effects layout. I like that they update it for free which effectively gives you new pedals for nothing and that you can adjust on the fly. It's a bit like the way Zoom were going with the B3 pedals, but smaller, neater, programmable from a phone, and the pedals aren't attempts to replicate other effects, they are those effects.

I actually don't care about the drives - I have a ton already! But a filter option is a must.

You know what? Ignore everything I have said so far. 

I just listed the pedals I would genuinely use and did a quick price check on them all. Not allowing for pedal board, velcro, psu, power and audio cables, I would have to spend about £700. So maybe its not overpriced after all. 

After all, I have spent a similar amount as the Plethora costs on about 3 pedals before! 

Now, who wants to lend me £399?

• 1 month later...

I guess they're figuring (as this is definitely geared more towards guitarists than us lot) that you'd slot your choice of dirt pedal into the loop, aaaaand be able (like onboard) to select where in the chain it goes. To be fair to TCE, if enough people ask (or complain), chances are they'll include drives in a future firmware.

This looks like a win though for a lot of jobbing bassists. Me included 

On 19/02/2021 at 10:11, Bass Culture said:

Is there any way of adding any drive effects via Toneprint or firmware updates, does anyone know?

It's a pretty popular ask in the wanted lists. No reason to assume that they won't. They added a couple of effects in the most recent firmware update. 

• Like 1