Why become a member? ×

A courier success story! TNT to the rescue

Paul S

Just to add a counterweight to the depressingly huge numbers of bad stories.

I had a bass booked with DPD via Eurosender to go from here in SE Essex to just outside Glasgow.  Pickup was Monday 11th.  No-one turned up.  I sent an email to ask what was going on and got a reply from Eurosender at 11:58 to say they had just been told by DPD that they couldn't do the delivery because the main office for them was in Luxemburg, even though it was going to and from UK addresses.  Another Brexit casualty.

I then went onto Interparcel and booked TNT.  I was surprised to see that, even though it was 13:02, I could still expect same day collection.  At 14:02 the chap arrived.  10:02 next day the bass was delivered.  Astonishing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great to hear and really useful feedback as I have 2 basses to ship out so will give interparcel a go. 

I also just sent an amp up to Edinburgh through DPD. It weighted about 17kg by the time you added the rack case and layers of underlay I wrapped it in, but turned up in good condition and the next day, so they seem to be worth a look through my experience. 

I had a good experience with Dx (who are they?) on Friday.

I'd booked a collection for a "No printer required" service (printer playing up) through good old Interparcel but had to bail out a friend whose car had broken down. I contacted the office and was advised "between 1pm and 3pm". I was able to drop the friend off, petrol can in hand and get back in time.

As the collection time approached I was getting a bit anxious - no need - 2.45pm the driver turned up with address label in hand. Sorted!!

Just hope it's as good at the other end on Monday. I'm sure @Oldman will let us know.