Why become a member? ×

'New' PRS SE Kingfisher

RussFM

The 'MEET THE NEW 2021 PRS PRODUCTS' page has a blue SE Kingfisher. I assume that means the Kestrel is now discontinued since that's only found on the 2019 page.

https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/electrics/model/se_kingfisher_2021

As far as I can see, the only difference to the previous model is the figured maple veneer, and new blue colour, which may now be the only available colour?

I had a Kestrel and it was really well made, but I couldn't get on with the 7.5 fretboard radius, I need something flatter. If this new Kingfisher had that I'd consider one, but I doubt that's changed, it's not in the spec anyway.

I heard people say the pickups sounded weak on these and had excessive hum. The new one gives the same 4B'H' name, so I doubt they've changed either.

It's a shame, while PRS are constantly improving the SE guitar range, they haven't done the same for basses.

• Like 1

Having reviewed the Kestrel and the Kingfisher, I gotta say the Kestrel we had in was absolutely banging'! A great bass. The Kingfisher was nice and well made, but the former would have come home with me if funds were allowing. Oh and they really need to get on and make 5 string versions!