Why become a member? ×

Experimental Prototype bass... I hope

mhoss32

31 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

That’s wonderful, absolutely mad as a cat in a raincoat on a scooter...but...awesome.

Which type of scooter???

Love the work on the bass - certainly setting yourself a high bar for the next build though.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

You'd have to be absolutely crazy to ride one of those...

This is what you want...

Kids 4 Wheels Anti-Skidding Kick Scooter Foldable Handle Adjustable Height  Kick Scooters

As you can see they're "The Bulex"

This is basschat - surely he can have the Bulex for going on flat places and the peppa pig for going round in?

Thanks so much Guys!

@Hellzero, it does look really long haha, that 26 fret neck that far up the body gives it a somewhat stretched look, but overall its actually pretty dainty. the total width of the body is only about 33cm

@TheGreeki know what you mean, but ive already got a few sketches of some more crazy ideas for the next one... as well as some improvements to some of the decisions made on this one, plus ive got a few bits of extremely nice wood for things like fretboards and body wood ready to go. i'm hoping to take some time to refine stuff and then see if i can find a customer for MK II :)

• Like 5

As promised, managed to ge out in the good weather and get a few beauty shots!

uc?export=download&id=13PGCUmJ8jhgwPso_y uc?export=download&id=12oZhMf-dwdNmDACDG

The scroll at the front and the rounded front of the headstock im particulary pleased with:

uc?export=download&id=137miAVrTe1rNBBMLC uc?export=download&id=12wjCjFnSIVjOnWihI

and a few artsy shots on the grass :)

uc?export=download&id=11gbd302Nv1c0xFdAj uc?export=download&id=11JjAKfaDTGQ8A54nX

uc?export=download&id=11G4ErVLcWKUQcQK5- uc?export=download&id=11a6rvoXB14UrQELTc

uc?export=download&id=10zKYxB8Fb7hyWNfHT uc?export=download&id=115YcDhw8qoJSmEYVk

and a few close ups of the pattern:

uc?export=download&id=12erMwqE5E_hHOOyme uc?export=download&id=12m-q_T34ngzRhe-3q

Hopefully updates in the form of a couple of demo videos coming soon!! :)

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Oh it’s awful, what were you thinking? Jaco only needed...

Wait, wrong thread.

That is stupendously beautiful. You could rent that out to estate agents looking to sell luxury homes. It’s an actual work of art. And it makes noise!

What do all the knobs and switches do again? And are they sliders on the pickups?

• Thanks 1

Thanks again so much guys! There's been so many kind comments throughout this thread and i so glad everyone has enjoyed it! I just hope it lived up to the expectations :)

Daz, thanks!

The sliders on the pickups switch the pickup coil configurations between 4 modes:

1. p bass

2. Reverse P

3. Jazz bass

4. Humbucking

The other controls are:

Push pull master volume, switching between stereo output with outboard power and mono output with battery power

Balance knob

Then each pickup has:

Frequency sweep low pass filter

2 position switch between 2nd order (12db/octave rolloff) and 4th order (24db/octave rolloff)

Resonance control from 1db peak up to 10db peak, with a push switch in 4th order mode up to 15db 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, mhoss32 said:

Thanks again so much guys! There's been so many kind comments throughout this thread and i so glad everyone has enjoyed it! I just hope it lived up to the expectations :)

Daz, thanks!

The sliders on the pickups switch the pickup coil configurations between 4 modes:

1. p bass

2. Reverse P

3. Jazz bass

4. Humbucking

The other controls are:

Push pull master volume, switching between stereo output with outboard power and mono output with battery power

Balance knob

Then each pickup has:

Frequency sweep low pass filter

2 position switch between 2nd order (12db/octave rolloff) and 4th order (24db/octave rolloff)

Resonance control from 1db peak up to 10db peak, with a push switch in 4th order mode up to 15db 

So no recessed control to operate the Toaster or Kettle? Hmm... (kicks tyres).

What’s your next design then, and will it be such a rhapsody of wood that it evolves into a Treant (or a Liveship if you’re a real nerd).