Why become a member? ×

Alembic - show us your pics

marcus bell

Hallo!

Lets start this one off with my wonderful Alembic 20th Anniversary model - the chocolate bass!!! Burl walnut!!

Allegedly, the root wood used to construct the facings of this bass would have cost Alembic around £30K according to the father of the former owner of this bass guitar.

My other Alembic is a very old Series I LS (long scale) with the `point' body, seen here alongside some other cuties!

Edited by doctor_of_the_bass

[quote name='ped' post='268692' date='Aug 24 2008, 01:24 AM']T'was from Ben in Abingdon... ring a bell? A superb chap and great player. We went to the Fox on Boars Hill with Kiwi once for a Tuna Steak

Au Revoir

ped[/quote]

Bonjour!

I think my mate, Jon Ridel may well have sold the bass to Ben - it was originally up for sale up at Electro in Doncaster - assuming its the same bass!

Yes that rings a bell. Ben (or Alemboid to you and me) may well be able to confirm that. Superb bass but I didn't get on with it very well live, it was great in the studio though. I think another Q filter would have worked wonders, the single one was a bit limiting.

merci et parlez bientôt
ped

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='271101' date='Aug 27 2008, 03:44 PM']Looks as though it might have had newer pickups fitted to it at some stage?[/quote]
Well spotted Sir or have you been reading the Alembic forum? The ceramic magnets in the old pickups had apparently weakened to the point where it made sense to get them replaced.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='276761' date='Sep 4 2008, 10:04 AM']Allo!

Moo - was that the `Italian' bass? Very tasty! I'd get a dummy hum canceller stuck on there - instant `Series II'!![/quote]

Yup... From Stefano.

Can't believe the condition it's in seeing as it's a 1988 bass... You really could pass it off as new!

Lovely!!

I'll get a Series II soon, don't worry!

[quote name='Soliloquy' post='276354' date='Sep 3 2008, 04:09 PM']This was my Stanley bass, I sold it a few years ago now, what a mistake.

I wasn't playing it too often though, I was concentrating on my 6 string playing, and a bass like this needs to be played.

I will get another someday though, for definite !.[/quote]

Lovely quilt there!