Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie High Wire Dual Buffer/Output Boost

Spirosk13

Hello,

As im building up my pedalboard (6 atm tuner, big muff, sans amp svt, HX stomp, exp pedal, noise gate, possibly adding 2-3 more) I am thinking of adding a buffer in the mix. Im doing research and it seems that mesa has one of the best products out there.

Has anyone ever used it on bass?

Any other suggestions on buffer pedals would be much appreciated

Thanks

I might be wrong, but I think that most Boss pedals act as a buffer (I read it on here years and years ago...I think...might be imagining it). So I just stick the Boss tuner at the end of my pedal rather than the beginning. 

Saying that though, any Mesa product will be good!

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/01/2021 at 11:18, thodrik said:

I might be wrong, but I think that most Boss pedals act as a buffer (I read it on here years and years ago...I think...might be imagining it). So I just stick the Boss tuner at the end of my pedal rather than the beginning. 

Saying that though, any Mesa product will be good!

Hello I got the Mesa eventually. Does wonders, very bright tone. Have to switch off to play something more mellow. But perfect for all kinds of heavy music. If you are interested the 'rig doctor' on YouTube has a very extensive video on the topic. It seems that he is endorsed by Mesa or he just really likes it.

On 14/01/2021 at 14:57, Steve Browning said:

I had a Clearlink Send as the final link between the board and my amp rack. It was effective.

I only got rid of it because my new switcher had that functionality built in.

Hello I got the Mesa eventually. Does wonders, very bright tone. Have to switch off to play something more mellow. 

Good thing is that the Mesa puts pedals in a loop essentially. So you connect bass and amp to Mesa, and there is a send/return on the other side for your pedals. Therefore you have it in front and back.