Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline 44-64 Custom PJ - Thoughts Please?

thebrig

Nice basses.  I picked up a natural finish one some months back and really like it, good range of tones with added bonus that the tone control actually works rather than being a bit on/off.  Pretty light too, mine was 4kgs dead, and a brilliant neck with a very tactile satin finish.  Gratuitous pic :)

712054960_44-64Custom03.thumb.jpg.26c34c80018ef5e749941b855857b997.jpg

IIRC there's one f/s on here to the same spec as mine.

• Like 1

I've just bought this lovely Lakland USA Bob Glaub PJ that has a Jazz neck. 😊

I suppose I could still get the Skyline version as a backup with all the money I've saved by not being able to go to the pub? 😉

10 Lakland USA Bob Glaub PJ.jpg

Edited by thebrig
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, thebrig said:

I suppose I could still get the Skyline version as a backup with all the money I've saved by not being able to go to the pub? 😉

10 Lakland USA Bob Glaub PJ.jpg

I hope it is living up to the billing for you.  I can't imagine what USA models will be like as they'll be a step or three up from the already excellent Skylines.  Enjoy your new bass :)

50 minutes ago, thebrig said:

I've got a maple skyline jazz neck which came off a Joe Osborn at home somewhere. I used to use it on either of my Squier CV basses as i loved Lakland necks so much.

2 hours ago, ead said:

I hope it is living up to the billing for you.  I can't imagine what USA models will be like as they'll be a step or three up from the already excellent Skylines.  Enjoy your new bass :)

Not received it yet but I've purchased it from a well respected BC'er so I'm sure it will be nice, and most of the reviews I've read have said this model is about as good as P basses can get.

When I receive it, I will give an update.

Edited by thebrig
  • Thanks 1