Why become a member? ×

Hermes courier - new flexible delivery option!!!

kevin_lindsay

25 minutes ago, kevin_lindsay said:

"delivered via letterbox".

Shocking, and it's not only Hermes either.
Here, our royal mail normally is very good at what they do, but an illoyal worker simply folded a poster tube in two when the box was not deep enough for the whole tube. 😱
Question is whether you trust the person who sent the photo, but it seems you do.

Can you guys expect any form of compensation?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Burns-bass said:

That must have taken some serious force to break a neck. What the hell were they doing?!!

My guess is it got walked on. I've seen them do it when they've delivered to work. 'The big green parcel machine', Tuffnells used to deliver a lot of our stuff and the driver would be in the back walking on parcels to get to the ones he wanted. The vans have got 'The people who care' on them as well. 

• Like 2

I've been trying to claim for a parcel that 'went missing' whilst at hermes sorting hub (empty box was found sans contents, shoved into another customers parcel, I have photos) since last October. I paid the extra for insurance, by not doing so you probably saved yourself being even more out of pocket if its any consolation.

Their customer service is non existent and they just ignore emails, claim forms and telephone calls result in them saying the right thing but nothing ever happens as a result.

Worst customer service experience I've ever had, to the point where you have to question how they're legally allowed to operate given how the Internet is filed with complaints regarding them not fulfilling their legal obligations to customers.

Have to say though, our local hermes driver is exceptionally good. It's just once it's out of their hands you're doomed.

Edited by Ruiner
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

It still bugs me that you should have to take out insurance at all. 

I'm sure we all do jobs where if we f**k up, we (or the company) have to put it right. 

What other service do you pay for where they ask if you'd like to pay for an insurance policy in case they completely balls it up? 

• Like 7

On 13/01/2021 at 22:44, kevin_lindsay said:

The other really upsetting thing (but which is entirely my own fault) is that I hadn't checked the "enhanced insurance" option when I confirmed my courier booking.

So, I'll only get £50 as compensation!! Aaaaagh!!!

surprised the haven't evoked the "Musical instruments not covered" clause

• Like 1

I had a parcel delivered by Hermes pre-Christmas. When I say "delivered" what I mean is they said they attempted delivery, we weren't in (we were - it was a Saturday night in lockdown), they would attempt redelivery on the next working day (ie Monday). On Sunday evening nice man came round with our parcel, he'd seen it in a neighbours garden and his wife had pointed out that was odd as the house was currently unoccupied. (They live a good 10-15 mintues walk from me). The nice man had spotted our address and brought it round himself to complete the job for Hermes.

The retailer kept pestering me for feedback and I posted the above story on their website. Their moderators removed it as it wasn't anything to do with the thing I'd bought.

• Like 1

Having driven a truck for Hermes in the past for a week (thats all I could manage as I told them to stick it) and seen the way they deal with fragile goods in the warehouse, if you have any choice in the matter, do not send anything with these bunch of cowboys.

You have been warned! >:(

• Like 3

Have used Hermes several times and it’s only when things go wrong you realise how shocking they are. I will never send anything with them again and whenever I see stuff I have bought has been dispatched with them my heart sinks.

Will it arrive.. will I be using the delivery photo to trawl the area looking for the right house?
Will the instructions “leave in porch” be ignored and parcel left outside, in the rain, in full view of all?

All the above have happened more than once...

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, tegs07 said:

Have used Hermes several times and it’s only when things go wrong you realise how shocking they are. I will never send anything with them again and whenever I see stuff I have bought has been dispatched with them my heart sinks.

Will it arrive.. will I be using the delivery photo to trawl the area looking for the right house?
Will the instructions “leave in porch” be ignored and parcel left outside, in the rain, in full view of all?

All the above have happened more than once...

I once had a Hermes parcel conveniently left inside a dustbin nestled on top of a fresh heap of used nappies (thankfully in bags). 

I once had a Hermes parcel conveniently left inside a dustbin nestled on top of a fresh heap of used nappies (thankfully in bags)

Nice ... I hope it wasn’t a luxury food hamper!

Edited by tegs07
Missing quote

44 minutes ago, tegs07 said:

I once had a Hermes parcel conveniently left inside a dustbin nestled on top of a fresh heap of used nappies (thankfully in bags)

Nice ... I hope it wasn’t a luxury food hamper!

Haha, no it was some books. Thankfully no cross-contamination.

20 hours ago, Maude said:

It still bugs me that you should have to take out insurance at all. 

I'm sure we all do jobs where if we f**k up, we (or the company) have to put it right. 

What other service do you pay for where they ask if you'd like to pay for an insurance policy in case they completely balls it up? 

Yeah, what next? Take up insurance at the restaurant in case they give you food poisoning? THEY should have an insurance, not us. 

• Like 1