Why become a member? ×

N.A.D. Mesa TT-800 arrived safely...

bassmayhem

First a big box arrived after a long wait. I ordered it in October from a Swedish shop. I could have got it faster overseas, but I really wanted the 5 year warranty from the Swedish shop. I know Mesa had some issues previous with their gear...
Under some supervision - kind of - from the Very Hairy King of the Basement I unpacked the amp...
50829808237_fa3bcc3423_k.jpg

Then stacked upon the Genzler BA12-3 cabs for a test...
50829808322_2b9cd4c117_k.jpg/2krE48y]2021-01-12 - MESA 1[/url] by Roger Hedin, on Flickr

Well, it sounded as I could expect. Not at all like my Spartan or Genzler amp, but more like a tube amp. It takes some tweaking to get things right, not just set and forget. I like it. :) 

• Like 8

This is really another creature than those amps I am used to use...

Mostly, when using an amp, I just plug and play. With this one I have to tweak, tweak, tweak. Maybe an imaginary thing, but I feel it sounds different from time to time... 🤔

Edited by bassmayhem

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

Interesting phrase. 

Are you disappointed with it? I found it took me a time to get to grips with the 400 eq when I first got it. Take some time to see how it all works. 

Well, put it this way: I have some tweaking to do... ;) 
I listened to the DVD Rush in Rio tonight, and the tone Geddy has is kind of clanky too, just way sharper...

• Like 1