Why become a member? ×

Anyone had an experience with Status pickups?

BasistaFunky

Hello there guys, I'm contemplating upgrading the pickups on one of my basses soon. The bass have the original Mike Pope’s Flexcore Preamp with trimpot for adjusting and balancing the active signal with the passive fantastic I love it, but it has a very cheap pickups installed and they sound awful to me I am not really sure what brand they are and I wanna remove them and replace with new ones. So my question is does any one of you had an experience with Status pickups, and also I wanna know how they sound like, are they active or passive, what output they have low or high etc. And more importantly will they work with the Mike Pope’s Flexcore Preamp that I installed on the bass? 

Thank you 🙂

What model of Status pickups are you looking at?

I have two Status S2 Classic basses, one older model with Status Hyperactive soapbars and a fairly recent one with the current "2003 Status soapbar" pickups. The Hyperactives are not available new, but the 2003 pickup is still the stock soapbar pickup for the S2 Classic and the S3 and is a drop-in replacement for EMG DC soapbars and Bartolini M3/4/5 soapbars. They're passive pickups, and Status claims they will work with most onboard preamps.