Jump to content
thebrig

1979 Fender Precision Bass Special "The Precision" - £9,000?

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, bassaussie said:

This instrument was commented on a few months back. I'm really surprised to see it didn't sell. ;) 🤣

 

How much did he have it up for in October?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thebrig said:

How much did he have it up for in October?

Same price.😂

Ultimately it's his call, he can ask what he wants. But you'd think a person who wanted to sell something would at least check what the market is valuing an item at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bassaussie said:

Same price.😂

Ultimately it's his call, he can ask what he wants. But you'd think a person who wanted to sell something would at least check what the market is valuing an item at.

It's definitely his call, but could it be a genuine case of mis-typing £9000.00 instead of £1900.00 and just didn't notice his mistake at the time, and then just copied and pasted his second listing, again not checking his listing properly? Or am I being too generous in giving him the benefit of the doubt? 🤔

Edited by thebrig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the 3rd or  4th time it’s been listed at 9k , I’m sure he knows what it’s worth , seems a bit pointless really, nice bass though 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, thebrig said:

It's definitely his call, but could it be a genuine case of mis-typing £9000.00 instead of £1900.00 and just didn't notice his mistake at the time, and then just copied and pasted his second listing, again not checking his listing properly? Or am I being too generous in giving him the benefit of the doubt? 🤔

I think you're being generous.

Obviously he's believed that there's something very special about the instrument for a long time, and he's not going to be swayed on that point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone copy and paste the description for me please. It's a bit small for my eyes. 

Thanks. 👁️👁️👍

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I briefly had the exact same one in about 1988. Cost £275 and I sold it for about £250. It weighed a long way north of 12lbs. I've still got the tweed case it came in.

Edited by chris_b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chris_b said:

It weighed a long way north of 12lbs.

Yep............I have one and it is a boat anchor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...