Why become a member? ×

Thomann and Music Tribe to Enter Super Partner Relationship

DrBike

Full link here

Hans Thomann, CEO of Thomann GmbH and Music Tribe’s CEO, Uli Behringer today announced the entering of a strategic relationship. The focus of this Super Partner relationship is to deliver an obsessive Customer Experience with unique collaborative opportunities to realize co-innovation of new products, co-marketing related to learning and education as well as a unique supply chain integration to ensure all products are always in stock and readily available.

(apologies for yet another Thomann thread)

Edited by DrBike
  • Thanks 1

It looks like Music Tribe/Behringer are doing the same with Sweetwater in the US.

https://guitar.com/news/industry-news/music-tribe-sweetwater/

It sounds like it may be an exclusive or semi exclusive dealership deal.

We are now focusing on a select choice of the most influential e-commerce partners who have the largest customer reach and depth of services,” he wrote. “Only large e-commerce partners are capable of delivering this service.”“As a consequence, this unfortunately disqualifies all small brick-and-mortar stores and traditional distributors, as serving them adds little value and increases cost,” Behringer added.

The report mentions that they're doing something with Amazon as well but it sounds like Behringer gear may soon be exclusive to just a handful of albeit huge retail outlets.

Edited by Cato
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DrBike said:

The focus of this Super Partner relationship is to deliver an obsessive Customer Experience with unique collaborative opportunities to realize co-innovation of new products, co-marketing related to learning and education as well as a unique supply chain integration to ensure all products are always in stock and readily available.

What an utter load of management speak b####cks. 

I mean, yeah, great news. But whoever puts out press releases like this should be shot. It reminds me of every up their own derrière middle manager I've ever met. Cringe worthy! 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

What an utter load of management speak b####cks. 

I mean, yeah, great news. But whoever puts out press releases like this should be shot. It reminds me of every up their own derrière middle manager I've ever met. Cringe worthy! 

Considering that those words probably started their life in German, it seems funny how some things aren't lost in translation.

Business BS. The universal language of those faking it in suits.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

I am slightly disappointed that they failed to shoehorn the word "synergy" in there.

Never mind the PR language, most Behringer pedals are now only $19 from Sweetwater and £17.90 on Thomann.  Got to be worth a punt, even with the delivery charge!

12 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Oh. That makes it OK then.

Any reason you think this is worth trolling about?  Do you have a PC, tablet or mobile - also made in China?  Sad too that you are recommending Behringer products (C-2 matched studio condenser mics) in your guide to IEMs.

Edited by petecarlton

9 hours ago, petecarlton said:

Any reason you think this is worth trolling about?  Do you have a PC, tablet or mobile - also made in China?  Sad too that you are recommending Behringer products (C-2 matched studio condenser mics) in your guide to IEMs.

You missed the bit where I also said XR18, P1, P2, ZS10s... in fact, I would wager most of the products in there have a touch point with China.

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Like 1