Why become a member? ×

'Pistol'. A Danny Boyle series.

Maude

I was in a band booked to play Westfield College in November '75.

After soundchecking, some scruffy 'erbert, in the widest Oxford Bags imaginable, came up to us and told us they were going to be playing, and that they would be using our PA!!!! Later that evening, during their set, the singer announced to those that were still in the hall, "We're The Sex Pistols... Have fun!" I remember getting the distinct feeling that he didn't really mean it!

Anyway, to the point... I want to know who's going to be playing me!:crazy:

• Like 4

• 7 months later...
12 hours ago, upside downer said:

Trailer for the upcoming series. Don't judge a book by its cover and all that but this looks worryingly like it's going to head down the cliché carriageway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ol1B3w7NtU

It looks a bit poor to me. Too much myth about the Sex Pistols as it is, and this looks to add to it, I can see why John Lydon was reluctant about it.

11 hours ago, oldslapper said:

Anarchic threats with Eton accents

I think that was Malcolm McClaren...... and he did speak a bit like that (but would not describe it as Eton though).

Let's see........ it will maybe re-hash all the old cliche's...... but if it actually follows the Steve Jones autobiography on which it claims to be based it would be an interesting new angle. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, police squad said:

I'm going to watch it as a lot of it was filmed where I used to live (until very recently)

New Cross?

They filmed nearly all the live music scenes at The Venue and The New Cross Inn over a few days/nights last summer.

It was hilarious negotiating the streets around the crews, the actors, extras and a load of tag along old school punks hanging out

2 hours ago, Woodwind said:

New Cross?

They filmed nearly all the live music scenes at The Venue and The New Cross Inn over a few days/nights last summer.

It was hilarious negotiating the streets around the crews, the actors, extras and a load of tag along old school punks hanging out

quite a lot was filmed in Deal, Kent

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Surprised this thread stopped being active, seeing as its now streaming.

Not sure how accurate it is, but im enjoying it (although its been an eye opener if it’s is all true). 

I didn't know it at the time, but i took a photo back in June 2021, which turns out was the set for a brief clip where ‘Pauline’ is down on the Southbank. 

10 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Surprised this thread stopped being active, seeing as its now streaming.

27 minutes ago, Aidan63 said:

cheers Dave, shame it's not on terrestrial 

I haven't commented anymore as I don't have any subscription TV. 

If it eventually gets an airing on terrestrial I'll watch it.