Why become a member? ×

New Pickup Day

Lozz196

Just installed a Seymour Duncan Quarterpounder and KiOgon Loom (and a new set of Elixir steel rounds) into my Fender US Professional Precision. As I’m playing Classic Rock at the moment I wanted to make the bass more “rock” and having had QPs before - albeit 10 years ago - I thought this would be a good move. And it is, they’re voiced just as I remembered, though I had forgotten just how much low-end they have! A quick run through playing along to YouTube and I’m one happy bunny. Just can’t wait until I can use the bass at rehearsal.

• Like 3

Well i sold my P last year to a good mate, i stuck Harris pups, mirror guard and a Badass string thru bridge on it for him...but he's never collected it because of this covid melarky...its absolutely brilliant. The good news is im waiting on some compression gloves for athritis comming sometime so hopefully he'll understand when he gets his money back.

On 11/01/2021 at 14:04, Lozz196 said:

Just installed a Seymour Duncan Quarterpounder and KiOgon Loom (and a new set of Elixir steel rounds) into my Fender US Professional Precision. As I’m playing Classic Rock at the moment I wanted to make the bass more “rock” and having had QPs before - albeit 10 years ago - I thought this would be a good move. And it is, they’re voiced just as I remembered, though I had forgotten just how much low-end they have! A quick run through playing along to YouTube and I’m one happy bunny. Just can’t wait until I can use the bass at rehearsal.

Yeah they are good pickups, the SPB-2 Hot is good as well, a different approach to a rock tone