Why become a member? ×

Wooden bass stand ... Facebook marketplace

synthaside

Hey Bassy folk 

Just received a fantastic custom oak stain bass stand I ordered off Facebook in the post Christmas blues   :-S  and while typically I keep my buying on more " official platforms such as here  or face to face"  
I was very impressed by the guys photo's and prices and I  figured that as i'd had a disappointing Christmas  of bass stuff ....  Why not treat myself.

It arrived this morning  tracked Royal mail and for even someone who  G
ot a GSCE   "F"  in woodwork  was an absolute doddle to assemble , The build quality is excellent with  lovely soft foams to protect the bottoms of guitars
its also waxed rather than stained to protect the finishes and my floor , I'm rather pleased , more than enough to recommend him  but obviously this is no way paid or asked for so I wont link directly.

His prices and dimensions are as follows  , he's based in  wales and was willing to do collection withing reason but teir 4 may have scuppered that. 
hipping to me in London was extra at cost .

3 bay 522 L x 758 H x 465 D £78 
4 bay 643 L x 758 H x 465 D £82
5 bay 764 L x 758 H x 465 D £86
6 bay 885 L x 758 H x 465 D £90

Reply or message and i can pass his details on.

IMG_20210111_115435.jpg

132544863_2856478764570939_8461464962645571763_o.jpg

Edited by synthaside
  • Like 8

That does look nifty! I'm sure no one at Basschat Towers would mind you linking to the guy. 

Check with one of the mods. They all come down to dining room for kedgeree and kippers at 9am (although I believe Ped has his breakfast brought to him in his suite by his valet) 

Well I am reliably informed the the chap is both an all be it infrequent bass-chatter who also builds some basses but doesn't really ship them for fear of damage in transit !

If people want to find out more then can message me but i'd rather steer clear of any of that advertising malarkey ... i'm just a happy camper with my fancy rack and if i'm honest some now spare guitar stands 😛

• 2 weeks later...

That would be Malcolm!

He is on Facebook - MD Basses

I picked one of these up just before Christmas and they are much nicer than the standard tubular thingies. 
They dont take up as much room either as they hold the basses a lot more vertical than my old metal one. That being said I am not in the slightest bit worried about any accidents, they are perfectly safe.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Maude said:

@SpondonBassed, were you looking for a stand/rack? 

Maybe knock up something similar to this if you've any spare wood around. 

Thanks for tagging me in.

It's lovely, isn't it?  If I had that sort of timber, I'd be sorted for my scratch build though.

On 15/01/2021 at 15:44, synthaside said:

If people want to find out more then can message me but i'd rather steer clear of any of that advertising malarkey ... i'm just a happy camper with my fancy rack and if i'm honest some now spare guitar stands

I'm more interested in those spare guitar stands.

Edited by SpondonBassed