Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Rivoli Budget Alternative

Useless amateur

I used to own an Italia Torino bass that will get you close soundwise (semi-hollow with a big, bold mudbucker in the neck position) but it has a single cutaway bodyshape and an added bridge pickup (a guitar humbucker in a closed chrome cover). 

I've been looking for an age to get one.

I managed to buy a budget one second hand that turned out to be a gibson copy except its long scale for not a lot of money. Im in the process of gradually getting it fixed up but the longscale neck makes it not so nice to play.

I live in hope of a new rivoli to  be released.

Revelation guitars have a good rep I believe, there is this model that caught my eye but havent seen one in the flesh.

https://thebassgallery.com/products/revelation-rgb

20 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

These crop up as b-stock...

D6D078C4-D7D0-4D87-96DC-41982AF82D19.png

I owned one of these for all of about a week, I donated it to cat rescue after that, it was supposed to have been a B stock instrument which had apparently already been sold so they sent me a brand new one....given how bad the new one was I dread to think how poor the B stock instrument would have been! It arrived with the bridge pickup not wired up, an action you could through a blanket over and go camping! I wired it correctly set it up as best as could be done with it and got rid of it...for me this was a classic case of you get what you pay for!

7 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Thanks for that, I have just dropped a message to him. What I would really love is the Aria Tab bass

https://www.chorder.com/electric-bass-guitars/aria/tab66-5236