Why become a member? ×

Thomann post Brexit?

xgsjx

On 24/10/2021 at 13:30, SteveXFR said:

How are deliveries with Thomann at the moment? 

I wanted to buy local but the HB guitars just seem to be unbeatable for the price. 

I ordered EMG Geezer pickups from Thomann last Thursday and just received them this morning (Tuesday).

UK retailers all seemed to be saying… have to order from German, will take 2-3 weeks (even the ones that advertised next day delivery). So I thought if it’s coming from Gernany I might as well order from Thomann. I was prepared to wait three weeks… but I didn’t have to.

I always had excellent service from Thomann pre-Brexit and pre-Covid… this was just as good. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them again.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Just to add I had a good experience buying a Marleaux 6 string from Thomann last month: no hidden fees, so one-payment to them and all duties/fees taken care of. Also they were very helpful when I phoned in panic when I realised that had my old address on file! Their courier (DHL) are not the best with tracking though, at least at the moment - I had that same problem on another recent purchase - but Thomann had TRIPLE-boxed the bass for safe delivery! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kevsy71 said:

Just to add I had a good experience buying a Marleaux 6 string from Thomann last month: no hidden fees, so one-payment to them and all duties/fees taken care of. Also they were very helpful when I phoned in panic when I realised that had my old address on file! Their courier (DHL) are not the best with tracking though, at least at the moment - I had that same problem on another recent purchase - but Thomann had TRIPLE-boxed the bass for safe delivery! 

Are there pictures? I love Marleaux basses!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Are there any complications with returns with Thomann now or are they are simple as before?  Anyone had to send anything back?

I sent a bass back and they paid return shipping along with handling all the paperwork, that was for a faulty item rather than me just choosing to return it though.

Their staff were really good with solid communications, can't fault 'em and wish all businesses were like that. They were using their 2nd/3rd language and still better than a lot of UK retailers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/02/2022 at 02:13, Thump said:

Just had a parcel delivered yesterday (Friday) and had no issues whatsoever. I would imagine any returns service would be similarly hassle free as well 

I actually did have some issues returning mine but that was down to the courier/drop off points rather than Thomann. In fact Thomann ended up arranging for it to be collected from my workplace so they were really good in that respect too.

Edited by lemmywinks
  • Like 3