Why become a member? ×

Thomann post Brexit?

xgsjx

19 minutes ago, peteb said:

The point is that Thomann have already said that they will "shortly be introducing door-to-door pricing whereby the price on our website will be inclusive of VAT and the additional handling fees". 

My question is does anyone here know when they intend to start doing this? 

Thomann, presumably. Pop off a PM to them, maybe..? They'll be first to know. :|

They are probably trying to get it up and running to fit in with the next set of rules that come in on 1st July which are designed to harmonise biz to customer transactions, which will also remove the Euro22 vat free threshold; duty will still be exempt upto Euro150 though, and I guess if Thomann are doing the paperwork and paying the tax then the handling fee from their shipper(s?) of choice will come down/off

Edited by Aidan63
spelling
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Aidan63 said:

They are probably trying to get it up and running to fit in with the next set of rules that come in on 1st July which are designed to harmonise biz to customer transactions, which will also remove the Euro22 vat free threshold; duty will still be exempt upto Euro150 though, and I guess if Thomann are doing the paperwork and paying the tax then the handling fee from their shipper(s?) of choice will come down/off

Thanks for that.

I've just read up on the new EU Vat regs and the new ‘Import One-Stop-Shop’ (IOSS) arrangements that are being introduced from 1st July and I think that you are probably correct. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've just spoken to DV247 they can't believe their luck that Thomann have taken this decision, apparently their (DV247) sales are way up and I guess the UK based traders will be sharing Thomann's loss. It seems a bonkers business decision to let the customers have the worry/hassle TBH.

• 2 weeks later...

For Info... Thomann are asking for £18 to return an unwanted package they advised me the return would be free - i rang them and spoke with an International Sales Manager.

He said the order can't be changed and they would cancel and refund, i was told the order had left the warehouse 2 hours ago, and that they would look to get the order returned... and if a delivery attempt is made to accept the parcel and contact customer care to initiate a return - I then placed a new order for another colour, anticipating free return and full refund on the first order as discussed.

Yesterday 'Item has been returned to sender' is detailed in the DHL tracking log, but the courier then delivered it this morning. Surprised!

They are now saying i am liable for the £18 return cost as i accepted the courier delivery.

I think there returns policy doesnt quite cover UK as non-EU yet.

£18 might not sound much, but it was not what i was told, and £18 to change the colour on a £118 guitar, i might not of bothered

(I will include a link to this post if need be in getting the matter resolved)

Edited by PaulThePlug

I decided to test the waters and ordered some HB solder less patch cabling not realising that the new system would come in to play 2 days later. Facepalm.

Anyway, communication was excellent, delivery arrived in about 4 days no extra charges. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stewblack said:

I decided to test the waters and ordered some HB solder less patch cabling not realising that the new system would come in to play 2 days later. Facepalm.

Anyway, communication was excellent, delivery arrived in about 4 days no extra charges. 

I ordered some a few weeks ago. They're pretty good, but took me a couple of attempts to get them working properly. Can't fault them for the price. 

5 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I ordered some a few weeks ago. They're pretty good, but took me a couple of attempts to get them working properly. Can't fault them for the price. 

Yeah, G4M offer some similarly priced but they're not as well made

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just bought an HB bass off Thomann (above the £135 limit that Alan mentions above). A couple of my BC mates have asked me whether there were any hidden costs in importing from Thomann?

My experience is that they really seem to have got their shit sorted! I simply paid the all-in price quoted on their website and they dealt with all aspects of importation with no further costs e.g. customs handling charges etc. They used DHL to courier, who gave me a 1 hour delivery slot on the agreed day of delivery and arrived within the first 15 mins of that slot.

Couldn't have been more straightforward.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TheLowDown said:

Wow! Nice bass. If I didn't already have a 5 string fretted I would have bought the blue version in a heartbeat, assuming it's relatively lightweight.

It is indeed - that was actually the first thing I checked when I got it, as it was also a key issue for me, and some of the other HB basses have a rep for being quite heavy. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Al Krow said:

It is indeed - that was actually the first thing I checked when I got it, as it was also a key issue for me, and some of the other HB basses have a rep for being quite heavy. 

I've found the more recent HBs have exploded that reputation. All excellent weights 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...