Why become a member? ×

Industrial Radio Midi Bass

n.d.escher

2 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Tracking has no latency because the frets (each fret is divided in three) are sensing the string.

Maybe not understand you, my friend! 

As far as I have seen these basses, they are usually divided to four parts each, but yes, there are three dividers per fret...

Split-fret system, lots of wires under the fretboard...

Edited by itu

It's a fantastic system, and IMO the only serious contender for controlling MIDI synths from a bass guitar without noticeable latency. I've been a big fan since the Peavey version cam out.

It's a pity that the current incarnation is not available in a more interesting looking instrument or available to be fitted into a bass made by the luthier of your choice.

I had a Peavey one and it was going to be my one bass to rule all the basses and all that malarkey  that I tell myself every time I buy something new. Obviously the tracking was the bomb, but it was a horrible instrument to play. It just felt naff.

Obviously I regret selling it.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's kind of as if instead of a delorean you used a model T to house the time machine!

8 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

It's a pity that the current incarnation is not available in a more interesting looking instrument

Edited by bloke_zero

9 hours ago, BigRedX said:

It's a fantastic system, and IMO the only serious contender for controlling MIDI synths from a bass guitar without noticeable latency. I've been a big fan since the Peavey version cam out.

It's a pity that the current incarnation is not available in a more interesting looking instrument or available to be fitted into a bass made by the luthier of your choice.

+1

Imagine the system combined with a Lightwave- style optical pickup,  for example. 

• 2 months later...
On 15/03/2021 at 20:09, n.d.escher said:

It´s the one you see in the videos.

Cool. Your videos were among a few that made me order one of these. Hopefully it should be ready very soon, or so I’m led to believe. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

These have additional sensors in the frets which solve pitch tracking issues (determining pitch from audio takes a few cycles to  workout - having a sensor on the fret makes it instant). I'd assume the Godin don't have that. Which is why these basses are so sought after.

• Like 1