Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Serek The Grand (1 of 3 first-release batch)
£1800
London

Clarky

One of the first 3 batch release of Serek Grand basses. Never left home since arrived in the summer. Stunningly easy to play roasted, short scale neck. Volume plus 3 position selector for regular, deep/dubby and fuzz circuit. Immaculate except for one tiny, almost imperceptible dint plus the bass arrived with a small, fine hairline crack at the rear of heel (which has not shifted at all subsequently).

Marmite looks. I think its cool and retro whereas @TheGreekthinks its a 1970s Woolworths special, lol! Interested @Happy Jack or @Sarlscharisma😁

Pics and vid here 

Cost me £1900 including import duty. Looking for £1800 given rarity. No box so for now its a socially distanced hand over from my front drive in SW13 (Barnes, south of Hammersmith Bridge).

NO TRADES as selling down my bass collection to the bare bones.

20210110_124150.jpg

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 1

I gave up waiting for the one I had on order, but going to wait for my Serek Lincoln to come through (hopefully next month).  I can't really justify another bass when I have invested £2500 already on this one and no gigs or rehearsals on the horizon atm.

Yours is a beaut and if it sounds as good as it looks someone is going to be very lucky!  GLWS

• Thanks 1

20201223_115242.thumb.jpg.2f8b01b4ced1d6d655734de5018e39d7.jpg

45 minutes ago, Sarlscharisma said:

I gave up waiting for the one I had on order, but going to wait for my Serek Lincoln to come through (hopefully next month).  I can't really justify another bass when I have invested £2500 already on this one and no gigs or rehearsals on the horizon atm.

Yours is a beaut and if it sounds as good as it looks someone is going to be very lucky!  GLWS

Of my two Sereks, I decided to go with my recently acquired Serek Midwestern as its a simple plug-and-go bass and the Grand, while rare and fun, is a bit more quirky (in particular, I doubt I would ever use the fuzz in a practical situation as it doesn't fit the country/blues rock music I typically play)

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 1

• ped locked this topic