Why become a member? ×

Music Square (SORTED)

Old Horse Murphy

I'm looking for a bit of advice from the Basschat community and also an opinion as to whether I am being unreasonable and/or unrealistic. 

Before Christmas I purchased a Gibson SG for a very good price from Music Square who are based in Poland. The whole experience was very easy and very quick  and the guitar arrived in good order. 

Unfortunately, it wasn't really what I was looking for as the neck was quite clubby, so I contacted Music Square and asked if I could return it for a refund. They kindly agreed and I sent to guitar back to the UK address they supplied and it was received and signed for in the 29th December. 

On the 5th Jan I thought I'd drop them a line to see if everything was okay and asked whether I needed to do anything else. I didn't receive a reply, so sent a follow up the following day and then another email the following day. As yet, I've received nothing back which is unusual as when I was looking to buy something they were very quick at replying. 

I appreciate there's been a New Year and a Brexit "deal" which has caused all sorts of issues with exports etc. In addition Music Square's website now says they won't be supplying anything to the UK until further notice. Even so, I feel I should have received a reply by now, even out of courtesy. 

Am I being a bit unfair and impatient and has anyone else had any experience with Music Square? 

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

57 minutes ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

They kindly agreed and I sent to guitar back to the UK address they supplied and it was received and signed for in the 29th December. 

Since it's been received in the UK I'd have thought that it would be courteous to send some acknowledgement.

Radio silence would make me feel suspicious too.

How was the guitar paid for? Alarm bells would be ringing if Paypal. 

Before I knew better I got done by returning something bought overseas to the sellers UK warehouse. The return was received and signed for, but as with you, completely no contact. 

In the end I tried to claim through PayPal but as it had been returned to an address other than the one the seller had registered with PayPal, they just basically said tough. The insinuation was that I could have sent it to my own mate and then tried to claim. The seller clearly knew that giving me a different return address would result in this, hence the silence, but I didn't know. 

I do now. 🙁

Hopefully yours is purely down to the mess of lockdown, brex'ahem' and Covid restrictions, but a phone call would stop any worry. 

My company has two Polish factories, and they’ve had at least one day’s national holiday this week. They often then bridge that to the weekend (because they never, ever fall on a Monday like here!) - you may find that they’re just a bit thin in the ground and will be up to full staff compliment and speed again next week. Fingers crossed for a good resolution :)

• Like 2

I had a very apologetic email from Music Square today and all is good. By all accounts they've been impacted by the Brexit "deal" and the general impact it's had on logistics (amongst other things) which I had suspected and a few BC'ers had also confirmed. What a mess all round. 

Still, at least we get to have blue passports again. 

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, it's been much appreciated :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1