Why become a member? ×

Anyone got one of them Vox jack plug amp things?

leschirons

I had one and in general I found it handy, I just wish it had a bluetooth function to allow for cordless headphones, the lead trailing form the 3.5mm socket to the headphons sometimes gets in the way when you're playing. Also the headphone socket is flimsy and starts to give trouble eventually. The aux input is really handy to plug in an MP3 player or whatever to play along with, again, this will give trouble.

in short...wireless please.

35 minutes ago, Quilly said:

I had one and in general I found it handy, I just wish it had a bluetooth function to allow for cordless headphones, the lead trailing form the 3.5mm socket to the headphons sometimes gets in the way when you're playing. Also the headphone socket is flimsy and starts to give trouble eventually. The aux input is really handy to plug in an MP3 player or whatever to play along with, again, this will give trouble.

in short...wireless please.

Bluetooth won’t be possible for that application due to inherent delay. The Nux device shown earlier however allows Bluetooth streaming so you can play music into the device and play along with it. So that’s one less cable. 

Well, it arrived, and whilst I can understand the construction concerns, I must admit I'm pleasantly surprised with the sound and functions. Cables getting in the way has never really been a problem for me when using phones however, at some point, I know at some point I'll give it a knock as it's quite vulnerable on the edge of the bass body so, I'll get my bro to make up a male / female  jack cable and keep the unit on the table.

As a tool to keep me from dying of boredom in lockdown, it'll do fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ped said:

Bluetooth won’t be possible for that application due to inherent delay. The Nux device shown earlier however allows Bluetooth streaming so you can play music into the device and play along with it. So that’s one less cable. 

Probably can't justify getting given that my Zoom B1-4 is already an excellent little headphone amp with fx and drum machine built in. But the Nux does look really neat! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Probably can't justify getting given that my Zoom B1-4 is already an excellent little headphone amp with fx and drum machine built in. But the Nux does look really neat! 

Yeah it looks quite nifty - my only worry is the lack of onboard compression/limiter (whilst they have included a lot of other 'effects' including reverb which I'm really pleased about). Full review imminently - as I type the dispatch notification has just arrived!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ped said:

Just got this. It’s fantastic!! Will do a review shortly. Combined with the Backbeat rumble pack it’s seriously fun!

Stop. You're really not helping.

But it does look damn neat!!

PS I used to own the Vox Amplug and it's not a bad piece of kit at all - but (based on what I've read up) this Nux unit blows it out of the water in what it can do.

Edited by Al Krow

1 minute ago, Al Krow said:

Stop. You're really not helping.

But it does look damn neat!!

PS I used to own the Vox Amplug and it's not a bad piece of kit at all - but (based on what I've read up) this Nux unit blows it out of the water in what it can do.

I really didnt like the amplug at all, just too noisy and awkward to have to plug your music in via aux. This is a whole new level and has a couple of fantastic extras thrown in which it doesn’t mention. 

Had this 24 hours now and loving it although, it may be partly that I'm loving playing along with the Brand new heavies, Brian Bromberg and Daryl Hall😆

Yes, it's a little noisy but the aux in from my tablet works great and I can easily achieve a great bass tone for playing along to some favourite groovy tracks.

It's been a life saver mentally speaking and really only has to last until we move in to our new home in a couple of months and I get my gear over from France.

Happy days.

• Like 2

On 10/01/2021 at 23:29, leschirons said:

That is a seriously kind offer so thank you very much. However, I took the plunge and ordered the Vox which will arrive tomorrow.

We are currently in a rented flat in Harlow Essex but have found a place to buy in Norfolk. We had previously been looking in the South west around Crewkerne and Beaminster but couldn't find anything suitable so now moving to Norfolk, in between Swaffham and Dereham.

Thanks again for your kind offer.

You’d better learn to count in 12s....

i’m, err, from norfolk ..,,

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, synthaside said:

Looking forward to the review on this  @ped unplugged practice in my living room so not to annoy the other half has really really lost its shine and she's annoyed enough with me being around all day.

He's done it already in detail on the Accessories forum.

I'm still sorely tempted to get the Nux for the convenience, but having invested in a pair of Boss WL-20s, it would be pure laziness on my part not to make use of them with the spare Zoom B1-4, which has aux in and headphone out, and which I bought specifically to use as a headphone amp / multifx / drum machine that could slip into my gig bag.

Otherwise I suspect I'd have ordered a ped-Nux already!