Why become a member? ×

New mic mount

bassace

3F779CFA-A98B-41B2-90D1-069B24EADA86.thumb.jpeg.0eba277f689e16bdbdf05bde9cc8d456.jpeg

I’ve had this ATM 350 knocking about for a while and keep returning to it on an on/off basis. With lockdown killing the gigs I thought I’d spend some time making a simple mount. So I put a slot in a strip of aluminium and wedged it round the bridge adjuster spindle, a bit like the Lifeline pickup if you’re familiar with that.

It provides an easy mount, stays on the bass and doesn’t get in the way. The mic then clips on firmly and in that position finds a sweet spot. I’m putting the signal through the second channel of a Clarus which provides phantom power. It’s all dead simple and gives out a reasonable volume before feedback in my small room at home. I’m looking forward to gigging it.

Here are a couple of pics. The ali tag is wrapped in insulating tape to give max clipability.

2DB7C967-FD67-466B-BF16-C95E58E2319A.thumb.jpeg.f329c27dac907542531f2ed1d1bdda4c.jpeg

• Like 1

Haven’t tried it. But the tab- say it’s at three o’clock at the moment - can be rotated to twelve o’clock which could start the goose neck from a better position. And in that position could be made a bit longer to further help. So I suppose the answer to your question could be yes. It so happens that the mic’s position in which I took the photo puts the head in the sweet spot. It’s the usual placement for a recording mic.