Why become a member? ×

Complete lack of Yamah BB1100s basses for sale

ProfJames

13 hours ago, ProfJames said:

Got a pal looking for a Yamaha BB1100s for the last couple of weeks and there are none available.  Are people not selling?  Are they becoming more rare?  Are there other models that are scarce at present???

Blimey you've not found your desired Yammy bass having waited a whole fortnight? I had to wait a full 6 months before a white NE2 turned up and as for a (aka 'my') white 1025 forget it! 😄 

I'll link you to the Yammy thread and definitely worth sticking a wanted ad up, if you've not done so already. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, marleaux62 said:

Quite shocked at the prices now I thought around the £700 mark. Saying that bb3000 are now selling for around £1200.

I bought one last year for 310 quid.  Albeit made in Taiwan I think in great nick..............one heck of an increase

There are some chancers, sorry sellers, trying to get around £1000 for them when I reckon that a good Jap one is £500 ish tops. There was a couple of nice ones on here last year that sat for a while. 

It like everything else. When you don`t want one they are everywhere but when you actually have the cash and the need, they seem to have vanished....

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

There are some chancers, sorry sellers, trying to get around £1000 for them when I reckon that a good Jap one is £500 ish tops. There was a couple of nice ones on here last year that sat for a while. 

Just as bad as the Squier JV chancers. At least regular on here seems to buy and sell at very high prices, and also manages to bypass the fees for using BC likes his own shop front. 

A £K is bonkers, they are decent basses, but not that super special.

I just set mine up recently and the machine heads are driving me spare, the adjustable collars that take the lash out of the gears keep coming loose (they tend to turn with the key) and the special tool for tightening them is unobtanium. I need to strip them down and clean+grease, but I was in too much of a hurry.