Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Rootmaster RM owners club

Guest BassAdder27

5 hours ago, stuckinthepod said:

I've just checked the RM cab and its farty/buzzy town, it has expired. I'm going to ring Ashdown support as it was new.

I had a problem with an Ashdown ABM cab which sounded exactly like a blown driver to my ears, turns out it was the baffle not fitted properly, that went back to the retailer for a refund. 

Gigged my trusty RM500 last night. The drive is so much more natural and warm than a lot of the settings on my Helix, it just has more girth and less high end fizz to it, it's a great option to have at my toes. Hardly had to push the amp at all last night, great onstage sound provided by the Corn Exchange, Hertford.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, apologies if this has been covered already but read a few pages and didn't see it

Just bought a new RM-500 evo 1 (the shiny chrome front). It has the single loudest fan Ive heard since our pc in the house in 1994. Its super loud, and as its stands isn't useable for late night 'quiet' practice as the fan can be heard in different rooms.

Has anyone else experienced loud fan noise with their amp? Did find a solution?

Im over in Ireland so postage over to Ashdown, while not impossible, is a p.i.a. 

This amp ticks all my boxes bar one, no headphone out which seems like an odd absence, but other than that its all good.

Any thoughts on the fan issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, Pegdrums said:

Hi all, apologies if this has been covered already but read a few pages and didn't see it

Just bought a new RM-500 evo 1 (the shiny chrome front). It has the single loudest fan Ive heard since our pc in the house in 1994. Its super loud, and as its stands isn't useable for late night 'quiet' practice as the fan can be heard in different rooms.

Has anyone else experienced loud fan noise with their amp? Did find a solution?

Im over in Ireland so postage over to Ashdown, while not impossible, is a p.i.a. 

This amp ticks all my boxes bar one, no headphone out which seems like an odd absence, but other than that its all good.

Any thoughts on the fan issue would be greatly appreciated.

Three years ago we had three of the original RM500s at the Southwest Bass Bash and the fans were all but silent. 

2 hours ago, Waddycall said:

If speaking to Dave Green at Ashdown sounds daunting it’s not. Just ring their number and choose ‘service’ and you’ll probably get Dave. He’s very helpful.

I usually speak to Guy and he is equally helpful.

On 10/01/2021 at 10:58, Merton said:

Here’s my RM800 EVO, atop a Barefaced One10. This was December, it actually made it out of the house for four shows over a weekend. Great amp, one of 3 Ashdown heads I own. @Reggaebass and I clearly have similar taste because one of my other heads is a Little Bastard :D

4D723EE5-19E0-459A-A144-8CC349CF19E8.jpeg

Is that enough for a pub gig or is that for a monitor? 

Why thank you! It was more for the lack of blowing stuff up. Cabs are rated to 300 w @ 8 ohms. But I guess Id wanna really be pushing the amp before running any risk yea?

Probably an obvious question but this is my first proper rig. Started out using the hi-fi speakers via laptop then got a 20w Warwick practice amp. Great little thing really.

12 minutes ago, Pegdrums said:

Why thank you! It was more for the lack of blowing stuff up. Cabs are rated to 300 w @ 8 ohms. But I guess Id wanna really be pushing the amp before running any risk yea?

Probably an obvious question but this is my first proper rig. Started out using the hi-fi speakers via laptop then got a 20w Warwick practice amp. Great little thing really.

Again the difference really doesn’t matter. If it sounds bad, turn down and you’ll save yourself blowing anything up  :)

Cheers

if anyone had 50 seconds to spare could you watch this video and tell me if the fan is louder than it should be? I’d really appreciate it

amp was on for 5 minutes in an ambient temperature. You can see my sexy slippers in the clip and I was wearing a fleece so not exactly a hot room

Edited by Pegdrums

Damn. 😔 I thought it was loud but was hoping it was maybe a case of 'it'll be grand at a gig'. Theres also a pop every now and again which is coming form the fan. 

Ive emailed Ashdown after I registered it and Ill follow up with a phone call tomorrow.

Thanks for taking a look. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pegdrums said:

Damn. 😔 I thought it was loud but was hoping it was maybe a case of 'it'll be grand at a gig'. Theres also a pop every now and again which is coming form the fan. 

Ive emailed Ashdown after I registered it and Ill follow up with a phone call tomorrow.

Thanks for taking a look. 

Ashdown will sort it out for you, I’ve been there many times to see Dave, they are very helpful 👍

• Guest changed the title to Ashdown Rootmaster RM owners club